Fulbright 2012-2013

Bkid-Sapps

@wmg12--That would be great. Did you apply for a Full or ETA?

Also, I would be really curious to learn where you read that Turkey is expanding its Fulbright program! You seem admirably well-informed. :)

I'm not expecting that Turkey will be able to notify us for a good while yet, but I hope that perhaps some other countries deliver good news this week!

I applied for an ETA to Turkey. I know several Turkey ETAs and one who is over there currently and they told me about Turkey wanting to expand Fulbright, which is part of why they keep taking more than 50 people each year. Also where I heard about the contract issues (reason for late notifications last year). However, YOK is going through some big reform issues right now... so I dont know if that means they will be more on top of getting fulbright done.. or if it means they are busy with other stuff. Uf ya.

I am not expecting to hear back too soon... but I wouldn't be surprised if we find out before May. Fingers... and maybe toes, crossed.

I still haven't heard back from Germany for the ETA. I hope that's a good sign, or it could be my worst fear... that my application accidentally got thrown into a shredder somewhere and PAD doesn't know I exist... I'm having an anxiety attack right now

Question for Full Grant applicants -- just curious, did any of you reach out to your host institutions to notify them that you made it to the final round?

Absolutely. I have to apply for admission to my host institution. And I was happy to share the news with the scholars with whom I will be working.

Question for Full Grant applicants -- just curious, did any of you reach out to your host institutions to notify them that you made it to the final round?

No but that might be a good idea. I got the green light to audit courses at the affiiated university, so keeping them updated is probably wise.

On the other hand, we're pretty close to hearing back so maybe it's worth it just to wait and see what the final word is.

Yes, I made sure to email all of my references and in-country research contacts as soon as I knew (well, after telling the family and friends). Though I wouldn't officially be taking courses at the institution I'm working with, they're supporting my project and deserve to be kept up-to-date. Also, it's a nice reminder that "I'm probably coming in a few months!"

Good luck to those hearing back today.