Social Psychology 2009

weeble

I just got a rejection letter from a school whose interview offer I refused! How lame is that?!? Laaaaaame.

The last time I refused an interview offer they withdrew my app like decent human beings...

Anyone else?

Man I'm annoyed.

poiuyt: I laughed when I read your latest posting. I, too, received two rejections from two of the three schools that I had withdrawn from. I suspect it's part of the bureaucratic process of having to close out their systems and register that they've sent communications to all applicants or something. I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, considering I receive nice responses after I sent in my notifications to the schools and POIs I had previously been in contact with.

MacDuff:

Yeah, I got a nice response from my POI too! She congratulated me on getting an awesome match and thanked me for basically not wasting her time. But this email I got was just plain annoying. It seems so petty - "Yeah thanks for letting me know that I don't want to go to your school like I already told you. Let's just keep emailing that fact to each other over the next few months." :)

I got enough real rejections, I don't need a faux one.

Anyone hear anything from SUNY Buffalo, Purdue or Northeastern? It's been all quiet for me...

I just posted my results from Purdue. Randomly checked the website and it said application denied.

I'm starting to be pretty sure no one wants me.

Yep. Heard from Davis this morning via their website. "we regret to inform you..."

I was expecting it, since I hadn't received an interview invite or anything, but it still sucks. How about the rest of you? Any news?

Rejection from UCD here, but I knew it was coming since I dropped out of the process.

Rejected from Harvard as well. Did they take anyone in social this year?

I have declined my one remaining visit and unofficially decided where I am going next year...I will formally accept the offer either tomorrow or Saturday. Woohoo, feels great!

asocialpsych: you could be waitlisted! Some of us had our decisions posted on the 9th, some on the 12th. Guess they're doing a lot of rejecting this year.

Best of luck to you. I hope you're waitlisted.

Dont email POI, call the graduate coordinator.I think that the next email batch will be on friday saying please check your status on the 16.The three days later the cycle will continue.There seems to be a pattern here..

I'm feeling tempted to email my POI, but I have no idea what I would say...

Word. For that matter, I (as requested) listed more than one professor on my personal statement. If I send an email to the first professor, would s/he just know to forward it to the next one on the list? Is it insulting to one or both of them? I can't imagine why, but people are strange.

When you're a stranger...

Does anyone have any info on UC Santa Barbara? There were a few posting on the results page, but not too many. I haven't heard either way, I called two weeks ago and they said the social psych dept was still making decision. It's getting late in the game, but I'm hanging on to the last bit of hope left. I'd appreciate any info!