Social Psychology 2009

weeble

Here are some stats on different psych program admissions rates by subfield for 2003-2004. Note that the clinical psych acceptance rate is inclusive of all clinical programs; the acceptance rate for APA accredited clinical psych research programs is around 11%, which is slightly lower than the social psych acceptance rate. I have a feeling this year's acceptance rates are, in general, lower...

http://www.psichi.org/Pubs/Articles/Art ... spx#Table1

Congratulations, Sahana! :) In the event no one in this subforum has cost of living information to share with you about KU, you may want to post your question in the "City Guide" section on this site, which is dedicated to answering city-specific questions. Cheers!

thanks MacDuff! I'll do that

Whomever posted about Vermont on the Results page- would you mind IMing me who your POI were?

I called a little over a week ago for my status and after being repeatedly transferred ended up being told that I might be rejected but was probably unofficially waitlisted. I haven't heard anything since then so I'm confused. They were so extremely nice- I felt like a heel for calling.

If there are any of you lucky enough to have been admitted to ASU... If you know you're probably not going to attend, could you pleeeeease inform them as soon as you can? :) I would love to be bumped up a spot on the wait list!!! It would mean so much for me. :)

Is anyone still waiting on George Washington?? grrr...

I called and was told I would find out (whatever their decision was) THIS WEEK (as in, by this past Friday) and still, no word. I have checked my mail and email everyday this week and received nothing. I wonder if they received my application?? My online status says everything was received. What does this mean?? Well, I have to know by April 1st, so maybe I should stick it out. However, I want to accept at another school but still would like to know where I stand with GWU. *Rant over*

Is anyone still waiting on George Washington?? grrr...

I called and was told I would find out (whatever their decision was) THIS WEEK (as in, by this past Friday) and still, no word. I have checked my mail and email everyday this week and received nothing. I wonder if they received my application?? My online status says everything was received. What does this mean?? Well, I have to know by April 1st, so maybe I should stick it out. However, I want to accept at another school but still would like to know where I stand with GWU. *Rant over*

I'm still waiting on GWU. I, too, was told that decisions would be sent out this week. However, "this week" could mean that they sent them out Monday (not likely) or Friday (more likely). So I suspect that we'll get something in the mail this coming week. Also, a couple of people on here said they received interviews with their POI at GWU, which made me nervous since I received no such request. But I e-mailed the graduate coordinator of the department asking whether they did interviews for the social program. She said that the only program that does interviews is the Clinical program. Following that, her final words in the e-mail were, "so don't freak out yet." That cracked me up. So anyway, I was wondering if other people had any thoughts on that, or were concerned about not getting an interview. I'm not really sweating it after talking to the grad coordinator.

Best of luck!

Hey everyone, I know I've asked this about a thousand times already, but has anyone heard anything or know anything about Indiana? It's my last school, I'm 99% sure I'm going to be rejected, but I haven't heard anything yet and would just like some closure so I can focus on plan b. I emailed them a couple weeks ago and they said that they would only let me know by postal mail, and I should hear back by the end of March, early April at the latest. I'm hoping I'll know sometime this week, but if any of you know anything please let me know.

I still hear nothing from NYU's social psychology program. while I contacted them last week, their program assistant said they had made decision and notification should be sent out from GAS very soon, but... This program is just like a black hole, where have their rejection and acceptance gone?

I still hear nothing from NYU's social psychology program. while I contacted them last week, their program assistant said they had made decision and notification should be sent out from GAS very soon, but... This program is just like a black hole, where have their rejection and acceptance gone?

NYU mailed out letters on the 27th - they had to make their decisions for both the Ph.D. and M.A. programs since some people did the dual application. I got my letter today.

I have similar confusion about Connecticut. Where is my rejection already?

I know!! Why hasn't Connecticut sent out their rejections yet? I'm so tired of waiting for it, and at this point don't even care that much. Just send it to me, already.

weeble, do you mind sharing who you'll be working with at ASU? I applied there as well, but the professor I wanted to work with is going on sabbatical and not taking students from what I understand.

I'll be heading to Tulane University in the Fall, which I'm excited about. :D

I just realized I haven't updated on this site in a while. Life & my master's thesis have taken over, and since I have made a decision, my compulsive need to check this site has decreased somewhat. ;)

So my application process took an unexpected path in late February-early March. I went to an interview at Rochester, was wait listed and rejected. My professor of interest at Rochester recommended that I apply to a school he collaborates with at the University of Groningen in the Netherlands. Quick version? I received info about the school (app deadline in 2 days), submitted my application, and a couple days after that I had an interview (in which they flew me out to the Netherlands for three days on my spring break). I was accepted to the University of Groningen while I was there, which was beyond awesome. I also was accepted to SUNY-Albany, but I ended up turning them down (uncertain funding, and I couldn't pass up living in Europe for 4 years).

Crazy twist & turns, that's for sure...but I'm at least going to get my Ph.D.!!

Wow blindblonde, NETHERLANDS? That's gutsy and sounds awesome! I live abroad right now so coming back to the US, or at least North America, was a must for me.

After a looooong wait, a few acceptances, some disappointing fake-out almost acceptances turned rejections, lots of "we're low on funding this year" and some more rejections, I'm headed to the University of Maryland at College Park, fully funded. Their Social and I/O areas merged so it's called Social, Decision and Organizational Science. Can't wait!

Relieved it's over, but... what hobby will I take up to replace compulsive email/thegradcafe checking?

So question: does Carnegie Mellon not send out rejections? I've emailed a few times and gotten no response. I don't know a way to check my status online. I feel that after paying that fee and spending the time applying, I at least deserve notification. Has anyone else heard from them?

I was accepted to CMU's cognitive program in early March. In the acceptance letter they mentioned a waitlist, and I would assume that those people were in the know about it. CMU had two interview weekends, both in late February. So they're probably just being crappy about sending out rejections :(

I had to send them (CMU) three emails before they sent me a generic rejection email that seemed completely computer generated.

8 rejections, 1 possibility left.

Does anybody know if Tennessee-Knoxville just takes forever to make decisions? I emailed them twice (once about a week and a half ago) and they said they were still making decisions on the class.