Social Psychology 2009

weeble

Hey -- for anyone who applied to Harvard, I called the admissions office and they were not much help (she just told me they're not allowed to say anything over the phone)...but she did say that 1) Not all decisions have been made and 2) Everything is delivered BY POSTAL MAIL, nothing by phone, e-mail, or website (much like I believe someone else already posted on here earlier).

Has anyone applied to Claremont Graduate University?When do YOU think they will get back to applicantS?How competitive is that program?Anyone know?

I applied to the masters in Applied Social and Eval and was told they would send out decisions in early March. Not sure if that's the same for the PhD program.

I applied for the applied social PhD at Claremont Graduate. I got notified of my acceptance on Tuesday by email (from my POI). I'm thinking they probably haven't made all decisions or notifications yet though. They take at least 20 people per year for the phd program, so odds aren't too bad.

I applied to CGU as well and still have not heard anything back.

I got an in-person interview invitation for the experimental program at UNLV, but I had already committed to another school's visit weekend so I'm doing a round of phone interviews for them. UNLV's interview weekend is Feb 27-28.

llcooln6: I just received my acceptance letter from CGU today, past 6pm no less, and this is after others have gotten letters of admission a few days earlier, so don't fret and sit tight, perhaps your POI has not gotten around to writing his batch of admits yet. Good luck!

FYI: The applied social psych page at CGU has a note on it saying -

"We still have a few spaces left for Fall 2009. Please contact Paul Thomas, Director of External Affairs, immediately if you would like to be considered for Fall enrollment."

Interesting.

If CGU turns out to be the best option for me, I'm willing to go into debt for it. My undergrad is paid off, so it wouldn't be too bad.

That said, if I'm deciding between CGU w/out funding and an equally good program w/funding, I'll go with the funding.

It's so nice to see others agonizing over this process!

My phone, email, and mail box have never been checked so much!

I'm assuming that I've been rejected from most programs I applied to, as others have already had interviews - but somehow I got into my first choice! I've only heard from UMich, UCLA, and UChicago for Comparative Human Development...

Still waiting on everything else, but it sounds like some of you have already heard!

I see NYU, Columbia, Berkeley, and Princeton have already had (or will soon have) their prospectives weekend! Is this correct? Those (plus Harvard) were the ones I was waiting on!

As for the attire for interviews, it is your call. I opted to wear a suit, and most of the other applicants (but not all) did wear one as well. There is no "suit-mandate", but here is my logic: a) it is far better to be overdressed than underdressed, and B) you can always take the suit jacket off if you feel that you are overdressed.

Good luck!

I don't know what the actual requirements are (and they may vary by program a bit as well), but I just wore business casual. So nice shirt /pants or skirt/shoes.

I didn't opt for a jacket, but then again, I never buy my business stuff as a set (bad habit, but I'm cheap!), and so I didn't have things that matched perfectly. It seemed sufficient for all the ones I've been to so far.

Humdevphd - yes, Berkeley has already had its interview weekend. They are also accepting very few people this year due to budget cuts.

Well what the heck is their problem then? Send out that rejection email so we can all move on Berkeley! Jeez.