Social Psychology 2009

weeble

To the folks who interviewed at UCLA and UC Davis:

Any word yet on acceptances or rejections?

Thanks!

Not a peep from UC Davis. Rather mysterious, since I was expecting the on-campus interview invites to go out (to others if not to me!) a couple weeks ago...

Per the DGS, UCLA's acceptances will be issued ~ the week after the interview weekend (2/19-2/20). Sorry, don't have any further information as to whether there will be another round of application reviews or how many people will be attending the interview weekend.

Has anyone applied to/heard back from Brandeis?

I didn't apply to Brandeis this time around, but just wanted to let you know that they tend to be super slow about getting back to people. Two seperate years they were the last school I heard from. The second time (I was applying for their masters program) they called me in late May to tell me they were reviewing my application and wanted to know if I had any questions about the program. I had already accepted a position at Villanova, so I told them not to bother looking at my application anymore.

I didn't apply to Brandeis this time around, but just wanted to let you know that they tend to be super slow about getting back to people. Two seperate years they were the last school I heard from. The second time (I was applying for their masters program) they called me in late May to tell me they were reviewing my application and wanted to know if I had any questions about the program. I had already accepted a position at Villanova, so I told them not to bother looking at my application anymore.

Oh....woww........ Thanks for the info!

Ok, my question about UCLA has been answered in the form of a generic rejection letter. *sigh*

Oh well, UCLA was probably the biggest reach for me, but I had hopes since my research interests are an excellent fit with the faculty there. I'm pretty much giving up on UC Davis and Irvine at this point too.

I'm so thankful I have one acceptance to cushion the blow!

But didn't you get a phone interview with Davis? I'd still hold out hope in that case. I haven't heard a word from either Irvine or Davis, and I know some folks have already interviewed with both. Oh well! This feels like such a lottery.

But didn't you get a phone interview with Davis? I'd still hold out hope in that case. I haven't heard a word from either Irvine or Davis, and I know some folks have already interviewed with both. Oh well! This feels like such a lottery.

Yeah, but they said they were still going to have on-campus interviews and made it pretty clear that that was the next round. I have no idea.

Greetings Fellow Hopefuls!

It is a fantastic relief to know that obsessively checking my email, mail, cell-phone, phone, and department websites is a normal coping mechanism. I am slowly losing my mind and am definitely becoming bipolar- I oscillate between being absolutely sure that SOMEWHERE will want me vs. thinking it's hopeless and that I should have learned welding while I could.

I had applications started for Ohio State and Miami but pulled them last minute. I am plotting my escape from Ohio.

Applied: UWA-Seattle, UMass-Amherst, U-Vermont, UVA, UNH.

I have heard NOTHING. Except perhaps the pounding of my own heart. I'm thinking UW is a lost cause, I'm pretty sure their interview weekend is coming up...

On the good side UNH feels like a great back-up, there's no mention of it in the results section at all.

Congrats at whoever it was who scored the UMichigan Psych/Wm Studies spot! That is absolutely awesome!

I spoke with someone at UC Davis today and was told that they will be sending out interview invitations next week. Hang in there! Berkeley said they send all invites last week so I've given up on them.

Has anyone here anything from UT Austin or U Arizona?

The anxiety is starting to drive me nuts. I heard from a few schools about interviews and acceptances three weeks ago, and since then I have heard nothing from the other schools I applied. I just want to know all my options so I can make a freaking decision!

Hope everyone is hanging in there. This whole waiting game will be over eventually.

The anxiety is starting to drive me nuts. I heard from a few schools about interviews and acceptances three weeks ago, and since then I have heard nothing from the other schools I applied. I just want to know all my options so I can make a freaking decision!

Hope everyone is hanging in there. This whole waiting game will be over eventually.

Well, if the website is correct, looks like you'll be waiting (along with me) for UC Santa Cruz for about another month..at least.

Yikes. I'm with you on the anxiety thing.

It seems like everything is moving slower this year versus years previous ( I haunt the results board and have been mentally calculating timelines). Not sure the implications of that.

I'm thinking of taking up pagan rituals, satanic rites, and invoking some ancient eqyptian gods to cover all my bases and coax just one acceptance my way so I can relax.

In other news, I'm growing continually more absentminded and have lost my cell-phone. And of course that's the number I put on all my applications. Only one school will let me update my contact info electronically. Should I call? Does that feel neccessary and not too desperate?

I'm resisting my inner impulse to email my key POI and ask them how it's going. That is too desperate.

Well, if the website is correct, looks like you'll be waiting (along with me) for UC Santa Cruz for about another month..at least.

Yikes. I'm with you on the anxiety thing.

Yeah, I am really hoping Santa Cruz moves faster than the website says. That is probably the only school on my list that might sway me away from Michigan. I have a feeling though that even if I do get in they won't offer me enough money to make it possible for me to go there. UCSC has had multiple funding cuts this year by the state. :(