Social Psychology 2009

weeble

Anyone here apply to UChicago? I was informed that the adcom would be meeting toward the end of last week, but haven't heard anything nor seen any results postings.

I'm not certain that I'll still be a fully functional graduate student after the massive amount of damage that has been inflicted upon my brain and ego throughout this process.

Me! I applied to their Comparative Human Development program, though. And I've been told to expect a decision to be mailed some time after March 1... if this helps any.

Yep- alas my optimistic sounding 'pending' was replaced.

I actually wasn't expecting to get in, but the thought that someone might be interested resulted in a very nice relaxing night for me.

Weirdly my two favorites are the ones I've heard zip from which is weirding me out. Sorry to keep whining- I'm trying to create more inner resolve :)

I completely understand the whining. This whole rejection process has been so much harder than i thought it would be. Hehe almost every day i have to remind myself that i will still go on living even if i don't get into grad school. I would be really hopeful about the schools you haven't heard from though.

Hmmm, got a postal letter from UMich today reconfirming my online rejection. How nice of them to reject me twice. :wink:

I thought the same thing when I got my rejection letter in the mail. Thanks for reminding me UMich!

Hi everyone! I've been stalking this forum for a couple weeks and have become quite addicted to it. It's nice to know that there are other people in the same boat I'm in (pretty much everyone I know has applied to fields other than social psych).

Anyway, out of curiosity, has anyone heard anything from Indiana University, Miami (Oh), or WashU? I've been checking the results boards but I didn't know if anyone has heard anything but didn't post it.

Another newbie, though I have been lurking obsessively for quite some time...

I am hating every minute of this soul crushing process.

I do feel lucky to have found this website at least. Although I'm not sure that what we do here is in any way healthy...

Hi everyone! I have finally created an account after a couple of weeks of obsessively reading the forums and results page. Has anyone else heard from USC's developmental program and UCLA's health program?

Anyone going to the recruitment weekend at WashU and ASU? If so, I'll see you there!!!

Congrats on WUSTL..

I applied to USC's Social concentration, but haven't heard back. I emailed my POI and posted something about this about a week ago--he said decisions would not be made for "several weeks" due to the undetermined funding situation. In other words, sit tight! Hope this helps.

Just wanted to say thank you to the mystery poster who updated the results board about UMich only accepting students under 2 profs this year. This information helps to provide perspective on this year's admissions.

As it turns out, this is now the THIRD school for which I was not accepted due to profs who are no longer accepting students due to the budget cuts. And, yes, I did confirm with all three that they were accepting students prior to my applying to them. Tough year, indeed.

Continued good luck to everyone out there. The season is not over yet!! :)

When is WUSTL's visit weekend? I saw someone post they got rejected by email, but I've heard nothing yet. I am at the point where I just want to get the freaking rejections so I can move on with my life.

I have made no contingency plans here Grad Schools!

Let me know where I stand (in the reject pile) so I can start applying to work at restaurants (shoot me).

Why don't we have one of those fancy smiley faces that bang themselves on a brick wall? I could use one of those...

Another newbie, though I have been lurking obsessively for quite some time...

I am hating every minute of this soul crushing process.

I do feel lucky to have found this website at least. Although I'm not sure that what we do here is in any way healthy...

Hahaha! I'm sure it's not healthy, but neither is ice cream and yet i still have to have it sometimes. Not knowing anything is excruciating for me, so even if this forum is unhealthy, it is helping me get through this whole process - hehe like ice cream has gotten me through several years of finals.

Hey everyone! Just found this forum today and OH MY GOSH is it great to see other people going through the same agonizing thing. I keep refreshing my e-mail every couple of minutes and running out to my mailbox whenever I know the mail has come...which doesn't make this whole process ANY easier...

Just wanted to say thank you to the mystery poster who updated the results board about UMich only accepting students under 2 profs this year. This information helps to provide perspective on this year for me.

You're welcome (that was me). It was heartbreaking -- I loved Michigan -- but not unexpected. Stupid economy ruining my career.

Also, to give updates to those waiting on UConn, I know I saw someone post this before but they called me with an offer of acceptance a couple of weeks ago and their recruitment weekend (not interviews, just a visit for already-accepted students) is this weekend. I don't know how waitlists work, but I'm just saying this to keep y'all updated and in the know about what's going on with them. To whoever posted that he/she is going, I'll see you there! PM me and let me know who you applied to work with!

One more thing...if anyone hears any news about Harvard, Princeton, Chicago, or GW's Applied Social program I would REALLY appreciate it. I'm pulling my hair out over here, especially now hearing that someone heard from Princeton!?!? AHH!!!

I also want to thank dukegirl for the info about Michigan. While I feel that I didn't really stand a chance there, it still helped a lot. I'm pretty sure now that both my rejections are mostly due to funding issues (or at least that is what I'm telling myself).

With that being said, has anyone heard if Michigan State accepted anyone (or only accepted a few)? One of my profs think that this might be the case...it's not like it really matters now, I'm just curious.

One more thing...if anyone hears any news about Harvard, Princeton, Chicago, or GW's Applied Social program I would REALLY appreciate it. I'm pulling my hair out over here, especially now hearing that someone heard from Princeton!?!? AHH!!!

Hi Dukegirl,

Yeah...unfortunately it does sound like at least one person has heard from Princeton. :( There was also an acceptance posted on the results board eons ago, but it was just one and it seemed suspiciously early, so it may have been a fake.

Harvard has not notified anyone yet, I am fairly sure. If the archives are any indication, they should be notifying around the first week of March, and they do not interview. At least, that's what I'm hoping!