Social Psychology 2009

weeble

SOS. I have applied to NYU's social program but have not receive interview invitation yet. Is there still any chance for me to be admitted? (the program assistant says that they can not give any admission infomation out before official letters are sent, OMG...)

SOS. I have applied to NYU's social program but have not receive interview invitation yet. Is there still any chance for me to be admitted? (the program assistant says that they can not give any admission infomation out before official letters are sent, OMG...)

The invites went out, what, yesterday afternoon? Give it another day or two. If you don't get one by the end of the week, it is probably time to start being a little less optimistic, but I think the consensus around here is that hearing nothing is slightly better than getting rejected...you could be on some kind of waitlist.

Hey all. One of my friends told me about this site. I applied to 9 PhD programs (almost all of them social). My research interests are in gender, sexuality, and stereotyping. I am glad to see that the programs I have heard nothing about are programs that no one on here have talked about hearing anything from. The programs I applied to are:

University of Michigan (accepted to Personality and Social Context program)

University of Wisconsin (accepted to Developemental program)

Rutgers University (Interview on 2/20 for Social program)

University of Missouri (Invited to interview, but declined)

UConn

Penn State

UC Santa Cruz

University of Washington

University of Vermont

Good luck everyone!!

Hi Starlight!

Penn State will be sending out decisions within the next two weeks. Best of luck to you! And congrats on U Mich!

Hey Weeble! Thanks for the information about Penn State. Do you know if they are doing any sort of interviews? I was very surprised that U Mich send out acceptances without so much as a phone interview. Wisconsin I at least had a phone interview before they accepted me.

So did anyone here get accepted to Michigan (for the social program, not personality and social contexts)?

I didn't apply, but I noticed it looked like a rough day for social people on the results board...

Their loss, guys! :!: Hope you are all doing okay!

I am so relieved to find this forum! The entire application process has been overwhelming and waiting is the worst part. Now I can commiserate with people in the same situation. :D Good luck to everyone. I hope, in several years, we can all meet at a Social Psych conference and laugh at what we went through this year!

Welcome, C.C.!

Have you heard from any of your prospective schools yet? Good luck!

Thank you! I have not heard from a single school! UCSB's website does not have a decision available yet, but no rejection. Good sign?? I have become obsessive about checking my email, snail mail, this website and UCSB's. I cannot wait until this is over (and I am accepted...anywhere).

UCSB's website does not have a decision available yet, but no rejection. Good sign?? I have become obsessive about checking my email, snail mail, this website and UCSB's. I cannot wait until this is over (and I am accepted...anywhere).

C.C., UCSB has made its first round of offers, but I think it has also notified some people of rejections (via the website I believe). So you are most likely on a waitlist.