Social Psychology 2009

weeble

Hi Dukegirl,

I also applied to the GW applied social psych program and haven't heard anything yet. Such a late application deadline though, so I'm not expecting to hear until sometime in March.

And to those who got into U Conn, congrats! I'm on "an informal wait list" there. So not too likely to get admission at this point. Oh well.

I also applied to the GW applied social psych program and haven't heard anything yet. Such a late application deadline though, so I'm not expecting to hear until sometime in March.

See, I thought that too, except then I read somewhere something about it being a rolling deadline (which I certainly did NOT realize when I applied) and hearing within 4-6 weeks...though I may have misread that. Besides, it's been almost 2 months since I submitted my application and I haven't heard anything, so I'm thinking more and more that I actually did read that wrong. Don't remember where I saw it.

Hey everyone, I've been lurking on this forum, but saw something today that motivated me to post.

I saw that somebody else got accepted to University of Kansas, which remains my only acceptance so far (I also have rejections from University of Michigan and WashU).

Kansas said they can't promise funding until they get the budget for next year, which I guess is fairly common. Are all of the schools doing this?

My guess is a lot of schools are going to be slower this year in notifying students about the funding packages, but not all schools are going through the same situation. Within a week of my acceptance letter to U Michigan they had sent me a letter explaining the amount of funding I would receive for the next five years. At Wisconsin on the other hand, I have been accepted, told I will definitely be funded, but have no detailed information yet on the funding package.

charlotte.willer0320 said:
I'm sure it's not healthy, but neither is ice cream and yet i still have to have it sometimes.

At least ice cream doesn't taste like defeat! ?

msphdhopeful said:
Poiuyt, WashU's interview weekend is on Feb 27 and 28.

Thanks!

To the person asking about UCLA health program, were you at the interview last weekend? I got not so great but still hopeful news that I was put on a waitlist for the health program so hopefully someone decides to go somewhere else:) oh and for any one still wondering about UCI they are having interviews this Monday so if you haven't heard from them yet it's probably a rejection.

Yikes! It seems like after getting good news from a few schools...the rest just seem to be bad...the theme seems as if "if you haven't heard, you're out"...eek!

UCLA (health): Hey greyline, no unfortunately I just got straight out rejection, so you're in a much better position than me. Could you tell me how many people were invited to the interview and how many spots? Who was your POI? You can PM, it will help assuage the pain....

UCI: Are you guys talking about the cog sci dept OR psych and soc beh? I did undergrad there and they are two different programs. So another reject I'm guessing....

USC: for social psych, they have already made offers with funding (I applied to developmental). My friend got accepted with a fat financial aid package.

On a much happier note, anybody going to Seattle for visit weekend? I'm really looking forward to it!

Yes, I find that posting highly suspect considering the Harvard website clearly states that the only way they indicate admissions decisions (formally, at least) is via postal mail. I think there was a fake Princeton one a while back, too. Sheesh.

Yikes! It seems like after getting good news from a few schools...the rest just seem to be bad...the theme seems as if "if you haven't heard, you're out"...eek!

USC: for social psych, they have already made offers with funding (I applied to developmental). My friend got accepted with a fat financial aid package.

When did the USC offers go out? I was notified about 2 weeks ago by my poi that final decisions would not be made for several weeks. I was under the impression that if I was out, he would have just come out and said it...

Ruh roh.

Yes, I find that posting highly suspect considering the Harvard website clearly states that the only way they indicate admissions decisions (formally, at least) is via postal mail. I think there was a fake Princeton one a while back, too. Sheesh.

I do know of somebody who definitely had an interview at Princeton...but maybe the acceptance was a fake.

Yes, right you are, socialpsych. I meant the acceptance posting only, similar to the presumably bogus Harvard acceptance posting. No character impugning intended for drpsych who did, in fact, receive an interview invite! :)

On that note, I'm pretty sure that the Indiana University counseling psych acceptance is a fake. Especially since according to IU's website (which I checked last night), they don't have a counseling psych program.

Yes, right you are, socialpsych. I meant the acceptance posting only, similar to the presumably bogus Harvard acceptance posting. No character impugning intended for drpsych who did, in fact, receive an interview invite! :)

Hahhah! I did! I swear! :lol:

On that note, I'm pretty sure that the Indiana University counseling psych acceptance is a fake. Especially since according to IU's website (which I checked last night), they don't have a counseling psych program.

So people are trying to make us anxious about nonexistent programs? :roll: Most pointless thing ever, maybe?