Fall 2012 Applicant Chit Chat

goldielocks

I randomly checked the CUNY website to find that I had been admitted - no word on funding, however. If you've applied and haven't gotten a decision, I'd check now.

Yeah, It's a very bizarre notification system, the email came after the online posting for me.

How you have all failed to mention Kendrick Lamar and J. Cole is really beyond me. I'm upset.

They're both great, but too young to be considered here. Section.80 is a brilliant album though, I'm excited to see what he does in the next decade.

Finally waitlisted by Rutgers, rejected by UCLA. For some reason the lower ranked programs don't seem to like me, even though UCLA is definitely a better fit for what I do than, say, Columbia. I don't get it. Anyhow, not complaining!

How did you find out you wre waitlisted by Rutgers?

I was wait listed too. I am so happy. Tears of joy for a wait list! Rutgers is my first choice!

That's so great, but jeez be prepare to be in limbo for soo much longer! But you can do it!

Congrats to the Rutgers waitlistees. My situation seems somewhat odd, as rejections, acceptances, and waitlist decisions seem to have already gone out, but I haven't heard anything and the website says "No Decision." Guess its time to call.

Congrats to the Rutgers waitlistees. My situation seems somewhat odd, as rejections, acceptances, and waitlist decisions seem to have already gone out, but I haven't heard anything and the website says "No Decision." Guess its time to call.

if you call let us know how it goes!

hey guys! I got an email, probably the same as email as the other waitlistee, and it said I could call him (Seth Koven), so I did! basically, they said it's not a waitlist per se, but they do their admissions in waves. if the jewish historian or middle east historian that got admitted in wave A drops out, i will get the spot. it's not a ranked list, it's based on subfield etc etc etc... he was very kind about it.

:) nothing is definite yet, but i'm so glad i have something to hold on to. this really is good news overall.