Fall 2012 Applicant Chit Chat

goldielocks

I JUST GOT INTO NYU!!! FULLY FUNDED!!!

For those of you still waiting from them, I should tell you that I applied to the dual program with History/Hebrew Judaic Studies, so we wouldn't be hearing the same day necessarily.

:D this just made my weekend

CONGRATULATIONS!

Big funding rejection from Wisconsin. They did say, however, that if I were to uproot my life, move halfway across the country, and beg-borrow-steal the $20,000+ it would cost for just the first semester I might, just might, be able to get some kind of funding for the other half of the year. It looks like my decision process will be very easy.

Big funding rejection from Wisconsin. They did say, however, that if I were to uproot my life, move halfway across the country, and beg-borrow-steal the $20,000+ it would cost for just the first semester I might, just might, be able to get some kind of funding for the other half of the year. It looks like my decision process will be very easy.

Wow. I'm actually kind of glad I got rejected from Wisconsin... I don't understand why they would admit people and then deny funding, especially for out-of-state applicants who just won't be able to afford the tuition.

For those of you still waiting from them, I should tell you that I applied to the dual program with History/Hebrew Judaic Studies, so we wouldn't be hearing the same day necessarily.

Monster! That is so awesome! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!

I saw the entry come up on the results board, smiled, and said to myself "I know who that is."

Congratulations!

Wow, that is ridiculous. Maybe they were hoping that their incredible breweries would be an overwhelming factor?

HAHA Lureynol, remember just about a month ago we sat in Tea Lounge and discussed our fears and anxieties? And now look at us! Both of us got into great programs! Wow. (Yes grad cafe, Lureynol and Monster met in person and know each others real names and faces! TEEHEHEHE)

HAHA Lureynol, remember just about a month ago we sat in Tea Lounge and discussed our fears and anxieties? And now look at us! Both of us got into great programs! Wow. (Yes grad cafe, Lureynol and Monster met in person and know each others real names and faces! TEEHEHEHE)

And had anyone told us, we would probably have laughed in their faces.

(Careful, this is how rumours of affairs and conspiracies start.)

Edited by lureynol

@Pugsley, I don't know, I'm so overwhelmed at the moment! Rutgers has been my top choice because I felt this very real connection with my POI and she felt similarly. At the same time, there's almost no doubt in my mind that NYU offers more money, and since I live in Brooklyn, the commute to New Brunswick was going to be a huge bummer and stress factor. I'm going to take it day by day, speak to my New School professors about it (who I would literally be lost without), and go from there... I definitely want to talk to my POI at Rutgers about this and hear what she says.

I am going to do 12 mitzvots to celebrate this good news! I am so happy for you! All of our high freakout folks like you and Goldie have done really well ... I am so ecstatic for you today! l'chaim all round!

Hey thanks guys! Oseirus, 12 mitzvot is a lot! But one mitzvah that will count for two on shabbat is having sex (with a husband or wife for the purpose of makin babies), so if you are in the situation to earn this DOUBLE MITZVAH in the next 24 hours, you'll save a little bit of time for the other 10 mitzvot you plan to do...

Hey thanks guys! Oseirus, 12 mitzvot is a lot! But one mitzvah that will count for two on shabbat is having sex (with a husband or wife for the purpose of makin babies), so if you are in the situation to earn this DOUBLE MITZVAH in the next 24 hours, you'll save a little bit of time for the other 10 mitzvot you plan to do...

sadly I am not married but does it count anyway if I pretended to "make" babies?

I have no idea what any of you are talking about, but I get the distinct feeling I should curl up in a ball in the corner and start muttering "I need an adult, I need an adult."

it's the witching hour junior ... better turn off the light and go to sleep ... time for me to slip into my velvet smoking jacket ... pour out some apple juice into my brandy decanter and some courvoisier for the lady ... maybe a little Harold Melvins and the Blue Notes or some Teddy P if she's game ... dim the lights and now let's enjoy the late night conversation!