Fall 2012 Applicant Chit Chat

goldielocks

Ok, I will set odds at Princeton and Yale at even that we hear something this week. Harvard is 3 to 2. Dartmouth I think I'll follow Oseirus' 8 to 1. Brown I'll put at 4 to 1. Columbia at 5 to 1. Penn I think 3 to 1. Cornell at 6 to 1.

I wish those were my odds at gettin' in to those schools...

Ok, I will set odds at Princeton and Yale at even that we hear something this week. Harvard is 3 to 2. Dartmouth I think I'll follow Oseirus' 8 to 1. Brown I'll put at 4 to 1. Columbia at 5 to 1. Penn I think 3 to 1. Cornell at 6 to 1.

Is it cheating if I use this http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~ssanty/cgi-bin/eightball.cgi ?

Edited by oseirus

Shout out to tmp (THE...OSU!) and KelKel (who cares about the funding at UT-D, Miami-O is an original 'public Ivy'!)

I already had to update my list for you guys!

Don't worry. I actually learned to put down "The" before Ohio State University. My POI made that correction on my SOP. :rolleyes::P Sometimes I think about writing to ESPN because they refer that school as "OHIO STATE" on the scoreboards drilling that in my mind...

Well, rejected from USC today... I feel your pain, AFB! Hoping for much better news in the near future... For now, consider me happy for those who have received (glorious) acceptances and commiserating with those who haven't yet. Good luck everyone!

I got four hours of sleep last night... I didn't even make coffee this morning! So... so unbelievably excited about my funded acceptance.

I just got off the phone with my MA adviser. I was a little worried that she'd endorse Wisconsin because she really knows my POI there. To my surprise, she actually looked out for my best interests and said that OSU has so much to offer for me and thinks my POI there will simply be excellent for me.

From here on, I just need to wait for Wisconsin's funding package and give my POI there a chance. *trying to keep an open mind*

Good luck everyone!

I got four hours of sleep last night... I didn't even make coffee this morning! So... so unbelievably excited about my funded acceptance.

I just got off the phone with my MA adviser. I was a little worried that she'd endorse Wisconsin because she really knows my POI there. To my surprise, she actually looked out for my best interests and said that OSU has so much to offer for me and thinks my POI there will simply be excellent for me.

From here on, I just need to wait for Wisconsin's funding package and give my POI there a chance. *trying to keep an open mind*

Good luck everyone!

Congrats!!!! That's so freaking awesome. It's great when everything works out perfectly like that :)

Yeah, Brown was attractive but I am very happy with Davis and I think it's a great fit for me. At this point there's only one school that I would possibly take over Davis and I'm likely to get rejected there too LOL.