Fall 2012 Applicant Chit Chat

goldielocks

OMG what an exciting afternoon! Congrats on the amazing acceptances!

Safferz, if I don't get in anywhere this year I want you to read my application materials for next year. :)

And I'm sorry to read about the rejections... We will all get through this evil process.

Aw, thanks Kelkel. Yes, I did interview. But, sadly, I haven't heard back, so I am assuming that I didn't get it.

I think everyone who was accepted heard from the DGS today, and I wasn't among that. I think rejections will come next week.

But, serious congrats to everyone who got in!! :)

Hmm -- don't count yourself out yet! I wonder if all of the notifications have been made yet... in any event, it ain't over 'til its over! Tomorrow is another day. Yaddah yaddah yaddah. :) Let's hope for good news tomorrow!

Yes...and this is what I, for one, want. For some, the fun is in the work/research/writing. I'm taking this with the levity it is intended, but I'm also just clarifying that many applicants do know exactly what we are getting ourselves into and the rejections are still painful even though they might be doing us a favor...

I will get into a doctoral program, whether it is this time around or another time. It is my dream and it will be what I accomplish, job market be damned. Luckily I have a supportive partner (who has a PhD) who doesn't care about what the house looks like or if we go out a lot or if I make a ton of money. My partner just wants me to pursue my dream and understands what will be in store for me/us if/when I get accepted into a program. :)

Again, I'm not reacting negatively, just wanted to say "yes! this is what I want!" I might be nuts but...oh well. :P I have no children and will not be having any. I've got my partner, pets, and history. Life, for me, is great with those elements.

Now I just must wrangle the elusive doctoral program... :ph34r:

I could have written this post. The only difference is my fiance has a M.S.

Somehow, I feel the race is done for me even though it's hardly begun. I feel as though my applications this year weren't very strong and though I wouldn't mind getting into a PhD program, I don't think I can do this again next year. This process has been negative from the get go. I am happy for all of you that have gotten into your dream school or any program for that matter. Perhaps, this isn't my path. Sorry....just rambling.

Somehow, I feel the race is done for me even though it's hardly begun. I feel as though my applications this year weren't very strong and though I wouldn't mind getting into a PhD program, I don't think I can do this again next year. This process has been negative from the get go. I am happy for all of you that have gotten into your dream school or any program for that matter. Perhaps, this isn't my path. Sorry....just rambling.

Don't apologize ... we each have an individualistic take on it ... you can only do what makes you happy ... until it is 15 April 12 or all the schools you applied to say "no", you cannot give up all hope I feel ... I am sorry the process has been negative ... if you do reconsider I feel you will have benefited from the time you have just put in ... keep your head up

I was going to say if you were close you could email then but now that I think about it, let the process play out ... most of these people who received emails said they got it from the POIs ... now I have only seen one person say they've been rejected so right now you're Schrödinger's cat ... you are both in and you are out ... I know it doesn't help but tomorrow is here now so keep hope alive!

Thank you everyone for the rooting...today has been a sh*t day on all fronts. 3 rejects, stolen cell phone and I started smoking again after almost 5 years...I don't think that last part is going to last, but I just couldn't resist anymore with all the stress.

I was going to say if you were close you could email then but now that I think about it, let the process play out ... most of these people who received emails said they got it from the POIs ... now I have only seen one person say they've been rejected so right now you're Schrödinger's cat ... you are both in and you are out ... I know it doesn't help but tomorrow is here now so keep hope alive!

haha thanks. I'll keep my hopes up for 24 more hours or thereabout. :)

haha thanks. I'll keep my hopes up for 24 more hours or thereabout. :)

I say keep your hopes up even IF you don't make it in b/c you have already built up a rapport w/your POI and you can still reapply IF that need occurs ... but yes keep hope alive :)