Welcome to the 2011-2012 Cycle

Do schools that contact people by phone use that method for everyone, including students from overseas? If so, I better update my programs about the fact that I'm currently in the States with an American number and I don't have access to the number they have.

Do schools that contact people by phone use that method for everyone, including students from overseas? If so, I better update my programs about the fact that I'm currently in the States with an American number and I don't have access to the number they have.

I would update them, but I would guess that they will find a way to contact you if they can't reach you by phone, especially with an international number.

Re. UNC rejctions: I just went to check my status on the website, but it still reads 'submitted.' I'm a little puzzled, but does anyone has any clue what this might mean? My last name is pretty close to the end of the alphabet so its very possible/likely they haven't gotten to me yet. It's past 5 p.m. now so I figure I'll call tomorrow if the status is still like that, but like I said, I'm moderately confused...

I have to say, if this is another troll on the board, it is pretty terrible. I wouldn't want to feed false information and make people more anxious. I just don't understand why anyone would want to do that... >.<

I think people from PSJR have realized it does make people anxious and continue to troll for that reason :/ Really sad.

Re. UNC rejctions: I just went to check my status on the website, but it still reads 'submitted.' I'm a little puzzled, but does anyone has any clue what this might mean? My last name is pretty close to the end of the alphabet so its very possible/likely they haven't gotten to me yet. It's past 5 p.m. now so I figure I'll call tomorrow if the status is still like that, but like I said, I'm moderately confused...

Mine also said 'submitted', but If you scroll all the way to the bottom you might see a link for "a decision has been made..." or something to that effect.

Mine also said 'submitted', but If you scroll all the way to the bottom you might see a link for "a decision has been made..." or something to that effect.

Mine still says submitted without any link in the bottom either....I really want to think that it's a rather good sign but I think it's just the admins taking their sweet time in updating the application status.

Was the Yale call made by anyone on here? I'm immediately skeptical because of how rigid they were last year when I called, as well as the grammatical errors (apologies if someone on here wrote the post... just saying that it's similar to the Princeton troll).

Also, I just looked up my rejection email from last year, which came on Feb 18 - so yes, we're behind schedule this year.

Was the Yale call made by anyone on here? I'm immediately skeptical because of how rigid they were last year when I called, as well as the grammatical errors (apologies if someone on here wrote the post... just saying that it's similar to the Princeton troll).

Also, I just looked up my rejection email from last year, which came on Feb 18 - so yes, we're behind schedule this year.

What did they tell you last year on the phone, nothing?

Well another Yale admit popped up on the board. It might have been someone just entering late. Who knows?

Also, I would have thought we'd hear from someone on the board who was wait listed.

There is something wrong with me. Everytime someone mentions a troll, I think of a little naked pink a-sexual dude(tte) with orange hair. This makes me giggle. The admissions process is taking its troll.

I actually think the same basic thing. Much like these little guys, except much less cute and endearing...

troll-doll.jpg

Mine still says submitted without any link in the bottom either....I really want to think that it's a rather good sign but I think it's just the admins taking their sweet time in updating the application status.

I'm in the same boat. It's torture; at this point I wish they'd just send me a rejection so I can stop getting my hopes up and get on with my life.

Anyway, I'm officially losing my mind over this cycle. I was just taking a nap, and I had a dream where I got a call at work, and it turned out to be one of my schools saying they'd changed their mind and they were rescinding my admission offer. I protested that I already had a letter and a funding offer, but they said, "Yeah, but if you read the letter carefully, it just says we've recommended you for admission, it doesn't say you're actually admitted." I woke up sweaty and terrified. In the dream, my boss was CJ Cregg from The West Wing.

Just in case anyone's wondering, I just got contacted by Brown - they're looking to make decisions soon. If I hear any more info I'll let you guys know.

Other than that, I'm calling this cycle for myself. Sad about Columbia and Yale, and also sad about Berkeley although no one has put up any semi-official info on them yet. More importantly, I'm incredibly grateful for all the help and support this forum has provided over the past few months, and I'm really excited to meet some of you guys during visiting days and in September!

Best of luck to any still waiting!

Edited by saltlakecity2012

Just in case anyone's wondering, I just got contacted by Brown - they're looking to make decisions soon. If I hear any more info I'll let you guys know.

Other than that, I'm calling this cycle for myself. Sad about Columbia and Yale, and also sad about Berkeley although no one has put up any semi-official info on them yet. Overall, however, I'm incredibly grateful for all the help and support this forum has provided over the past few months, and I'm really excited to meet some of you guys during visiting days and in September!

If I may ask, what was Brown's objective for contacting you?

If I may ask, what was Brown's objective for contacting you?

They asked if I'd accepted an offer from elsewhere yet, and said they've narrowed the pool down to a "long short list." They also got in touch because one of my recommenders wasn't able to successfully upload his letter using their system - I suspect that was the initial reason.

So Columbia is also done this year?

My hope collapsed finally.

Just in case anyone's wondering, I just got contacted by Brown - they're looking to make decisions soon. If I hear any more info I'll let you guys know. Other than that, I'm calling this cycle for myself. Sad about Columbia and Yale, and also sad about Berkeley although no one has put up any semi-official info on them yet. Overall, however, I'm incredibly grateful for all the help and support this forum has provided over the past few months, and I'm really excited to meet some of you guys during visiting days and in September!