Welcome to the 2011-2012 Cycle

Just called the UPenn polisci dept to ask if all the acceptances have already been out and it was confirmed that I'm unofficially out. So, if you haven't heard from them, you're out. Not pleasant news but wanted to share.

I'm on the same boat with other NW people, still no movement in my page....This is such a painful waiting period.

I tried to call the grad coordinator but no one pick up the phone. Has anyone tried to call? Northwestern is certainly driving us crazy

After the crazy trolling that went down at the end of last week though, I wouldn't be surprised if someone who has President's Day off decided to mess with out hearts again, knowing that Princeton has thus far been completely silent XD

....unless someone wants to start claiming them, in which case, some congrats are in order :-3

I mean I tried to call the Northwestern grad coordinator

I tried the Upenn grad coord. every 30 mins until she gave in I guess :) People are not always at their desk or they just don't feel like answering the phone as they know it's us who's calling :)

Does it seem suspect to anyone that there were 4 Princeton admits posted relatively close to each other, and yet no one has claimed them or added to that list? I feel like at least the person who was previously 0/6 would want to claim it on the boards...

Congrats to those who got in if these claims are real, though. :)

Edited by ohsnap

Does it seem suspect to anyone that there were 4 Princeton admits posted relatively close to each other, and yet no one has claimed them or added to that list? I feel like at least the person who was previously 0/6 would want to claim it on the boards...

I don't think that someone with these stats has 0/6

After the crazy trolling that went down at the end of last week though, I wouldn't be surprised if someone who has President's Day off decided to mess with out hearts again, knowing that Princeton has thus far been completely silent XD

....unless someone wants to start claiming them, in which case, some congrats are in order :-3

Agreed. I'm of the "claim or it didn't happen" mentality right now.

Just called the UPenn polisci dept to ask if all the acceptances have already been out and it was confirmed that I'm unofficially out. So, if you haven't heard from them, you're out. Not pleasant news but wanted to share.

I'm on the same boat with other NW people, still no movement in my page....This is such a painful waiting period.

Sorry to hear that news. I'm waiting on NW as well. The agony....

That's interesting about UPenn, especially since only like two acceptances have been posted so far this cycle. Are you sure that just because you are unofficially out means that everyone is out?

I'd agree with you. One person posted that they were contacted by a POI, and another by the Grad Coordinator. Wouldn't the process be a little bit more coordinated?

That's interesting about UPenn, especially since only like two acceptances have been posted so far this cycle. Are you sure that just because you are unofficially out means that everyone is out?

Actually 4 acceptances have been claimed -- http://thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=politic*+pennsylvania&t=a&o=&pp=25

Search: " politic* pennsylvania " for these results, not " politic* upenn "

Yes, the lady on the phone (i think her name's Pat Kozak) said that they sent all of the acceptance emails and if I didn't receive one, that means I'm out. She also added that there will be a rejection update on the website too but obviously they're not in a hurry to do so. I hope this answers your question.

By the way, doesn't Princeton always give official funding? Since every admit is offered a full ride (and reportedly a generous one), I thought each admit email should have it. No?

(Perhaps not if it's from a POI though, I suppose.)

The person who said they got a call from the DGS at Princeton couldn't spell administrator properly. Either this is a troll or Princeton has *significantly* lowered their standards.....

Don't know. If I had just been accepted, I'd probably forget how to work my hands, much less get my vowels in order.

The person who said they got a call from the DGS at Princeton couldn't spell administrator properly. Either this is a troll or Princeton has *significantly* lowered their standards.....

Or just an American quant who can't spell :P

Yes, the lady on the phone (i think her name's Pat Kozak) said that they sent all of the acceptance emails and if I didn't receive one, that means I'm out. She also added that there will be a rejection update on the website too but obviously they're not in a hurry to do so. I hope this answers your question.

That's a small yield relative to programs of similar size (at least based on GC results, which, of course, is far from an accurate reflection). Wonder what's going on with Penn?