Welcome to the 2011-2012 Cycle

Of Vanderbilt, I got an email today to schedule an interview for next week. I applied in American Politics for what its worth

Congrats on getting the invite. But unfortunately it does not help quell my anxiety, it just makes me feel more worthless. Best of luck in your interview I am sure you will do great.

Of Vanderbilt, I got an email today to schedule an interview for next week. I applied in American Politics for what its worth

You had an interview at MIT as well, right? Good record so far. Good luck in the interview(s)!

I'm happy about Madison, so maybe I shouldn't worry too much about Vandy, but the anxiety is still rising. Starting to think that's gonna be a no from Nashville.

You had an interview at MIT as well, right? Good record so far. Good luck in the interview(s)!

I'm happy about Madison, so maybe I shouldn't worry too much about Vandy, but the anxiety is still rising. Starting to think that's gonna be a no from Nashville.

Thanks. I did have the MIT interview also. That said, I haven't heard anything from Madison, so you are ahead of me on that one and I'd happily trade two interviews for one offer any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Edited by jsclar

Well at least I didn't get a rejection letter from duke...makes me feel a little better

Is Duke one of the schools that requires the grad school to process all admissions before letters are sent?

I haven't heard anything from Vandy either. I don't think I'm a great fit, but I am a little surprised.

Delayed anything == more grey hairs.

i'm ok with the grey hairs. they add the the air of being a distinguished, grey haired gentleman. And lets be honest, many of the best academics and world leaders can well be described as distinguished, grey haired gentlemen. its the hair loss that is troubling

I haven't heard anything from Vandy either. I don't think I'm a great fit, but I am a little surprised.

Yea... I thought I was a good fit. Goodly number of people in the dept do what I do; spoke with a couple faculty members about fit; et cetera. But hey, can't win them all. I should just be grateful about UW-M.

Hey everyone, long time lurker, first time poster. I posted one of the Madison acceptances but what was reluctant to chime in on here (superstitious I guess, I read the email about a dozen times and emailed the DGS to make sure I wasn't hallucinating). It's nice to have a place to express some solidarity as the waiting game begins for the rest of the schools. Congrats and good luck to everyone so far!

Thanks. I did have the MIT interview also. That said, I haven't heard anything from Madison, so you are ahead of me on that one and I'd happily trade two interviews for one offer any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Hi Jsclar, I would like to ask you about your MIT interview. Does it seem that they have specific questions just for you, or is it true that all remaining applicants receive an interview. I haven't heard anything, so I would like to know whether I've effectively been rejected already. Thanks!

I'm hoping the hair loss holds off until at least mid-Feb.

I'm in my mid-20s and I noticed a scattered sample of gray hairs this morning in the mirror. Perhaps I'll automatically acquire the wisdom that purportedly accompanies age as a result of their appearance.

Edit: Also, jsclar, what about the distinguished, gray-haired gentlewomen?

Edited by tergellian

Hey all! Back for my second time around of this madness. Good luck to everyone, regardless of whether it's your first or fifteenth time applying.

Hopefully this is an appropriate thread to ask this:

I think that I've noticed something different about my University of Texas-Austin application homepage. I believe that for the past month, I've only had two available tabs in the my "Mystatus" homepage interface: "Dashboard" and "Admission." While my admission status is still listed as "In Review," I believe that there are two new tabs available: "Housing" and "Financial Aid." Based on this information, I have a few questions:

- For my fellow UT-Austin applicants: Are these, in fact, new tabs? Or has the stress of waiting around for results finally and officially cracked my sanity, and they've been there all along?

- If they are new, is this a significant change? If this is a new development, I'm wondering if this is a change that every applicant will see on his/her homepage, or if it might signal something... more exciting.

Not putting too much stock in something like this, but I need to do something to pass the time, right? Netflix can only supply so many discs of the Sopranos at once.

Edit: Speaking of signatures, what does 7.5 applications mean? You've piqued my interest.

The half application means I have the application prepared for a safety school and will submit if I don't hear any good news in the first two weeks of February.

by the way what's up with the consistent negative rep points? i guess someone in this forum really has an issue with you

The half application means I have the application prepared for a safety school and will submit if I don't hear any good news in the first two weeks of February.

by the way what's up with the consistent negative rep points? i guess someone in this forum really has an issue with you

Ah. I guess I have a half application as well :)

Not sure exactly about the negative feedback. I'm guessing someone's sense of humor has taken a beating during this process, which I must say is pretty easy to understand!