Welcome to the 2011-2012 Cycle

I'm dying for Berkeley, Columbia, and Yale. Columbia has been very consistent with its results over the years - 18th/19th. So I'm assuming we'll hear Monday (acceptances), but clearly all bets are off this cycle. Berkeley seems to be taking its sweet time - perhaps they're struggling with funding issues in the UC system. Yale - I have nothing to say about Yale other than this is somewhat ridiculous. If they're going to introduce a new interview policy, they should have addressed it in the writeup of the application process.

But obviously this is just me bitching... I was surprised by the lack of news this week, though. Madness.

I'm dying for Berkeley, Columbia, and Yale. Columbia has been very consistent with its results over the years - 18th/19th. So I'm assuming we'll hear Monday (acceptances), but clearly all bets are off this cycle. Berkeley seems to be taking its sweet time - perhaps they're struggling with funding issues in the UC system. Yale - I have nothing to say about Yale other than this is somewhat ridiculous. If they're going to introduce a new interview policy, they should have addressed it in the writeup of the application process.

But obviously this is just me bitching... I was surprised by the lack of news this week, though. Madness.

Those are the exact three I am waiting for as well. I was expecting to hear from Berkeley given that SD and UCLA were 2-3 weeks ago. Blah. and this Yale thing is weird. People have claimed interviews on the results page but not here.

Gah, I flipped over to my email tab after it just passed 5pm Eastern Time, as lo and behold, a new email had arrived!

With the subject line of: "ON BEHALF OF THE PROVOST'S OFFICE"!

...It was an email to alumni of my undergrad school >.<

I think that's my sign to log out of my email. For now XD

I thought someone called Northwestern and was told that decisions would be finalized and sent out today?

Yep. I was told that they would be made by the end of the week. Clearly, this has proven incorrect. I would volunteer to call them, but I have already done so a couple of times. At this point, they might have blocked my number. Any other brave souls willing to give it a try?

Why are you so confident the decisions were made today? Do you know faculty/grad students there?

I would hardly call that confident. But no, I don't know anyone there. I just think that in the past, they've gone with a really automated system, which would imply that it can be sent at any hour.

Someone brave enough to call Berkeley??

Got an email reply that the results will be finalized by the end of February. Strange that I already see stuff in the survey.

By the way, last year's mass rejection was on March 1st right?

Edited by dec4rhapsody

Guys don't forget that Monday is a national holiday here in the US. I doubt we'll hear anything Monday.

I would not say you could not hear from anyone, it depends on the school. I know the university I currently attend is open and uses President's day to hold a massive open house. It is just a thought.