PoliSci 2008-2009 Cycle

CAPoliSciPhD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all. I'm new to the board and apologize if this has already been discussed (there are a LOT of posts on this thread...), but does anyone know when we might expect to hear from Princeton and Columbia?

Hey Plisar, what's your subfield? I was trying to guess from the programs you applied to but I couldn't figure it. Also, tough breaks on Duke - but you've got more than a few stellar choices as is, and many admits to come I'm sure.

Comparative politics.

I am not the one asking at results page, but why oh why Duke has such an erratic system? I haven't received my rejection yet, but according to last year's no one got in after the first wave of acceptances. I mean, get a freakin intern!

I am not the one asking at results page, but why oh why Duke has such an erratic system? I haven't received my rejection yet, but according to last year's no one got in after the first wave of acceptances. I mean, get a freakin intern!

They have Marylu Knight. Are you intimating that you think she is bad, worse than an intern?

I, too, am among the ranks of the Duke rejects, although, like the others, I was expecting it at this point. All in all, it looks to be a nervewracking week, what with the Duke rejection shattering my overconfident sense of invincibility plus the (now old) news that NW, UNC, and Indiana have all sent out some acceptances and I haven't yet received one.

plus the (now old) news that NW, UNC, and Indiana have all sent out some acceptances and I haven't yet received one.

It's still too soon to worry about UNC, although based on those results on the board I expect them to really start announcing literally at any moment.

There's a Northwestern acceptance and a rejection up on the results page. The rejection poster stated the e-mail was received on 12th February. Maybe we have survived the first round of rejection? :mrgreen: