Applying for Fall 2012

comp12

Following this thread has been great for me. To those who have posted: thanks for being so candid and helpful!

So, if rejection letters are already arriving from Harvard, does that mean that offers of admission were probably sent already, or is it possible that they would send those out at the same time or after rejection letters?

Edited by MusicGrad

So, if rejection letters are already arriving from Harvard, does that mean that offers of admission were probably sent already, or is it possible that they would send those out at the same time or after rejection letters?

Hi!

In past experience and results on the board, Harvard notifies admits before waitlists and rejections, but there are definitely no guarantees!

Well, I haven't heard anything from anyone today, but am not confident about Harvard at this point (though my phone doesn't accept international calls, so they couldn't have called me on the off chance they admitted me), nor am I confident about Columbia, having failed to receive any sort of interview notification (have any other musicology applicants to Columbia heard about interviews...?). Who knows about Yale. Fingers are still crossed...

Edited by Karajan

Hi Philip - I'm still waiting to hear from Temple, too (theory). Have you checked your application status? Mine has only just recently changed to "Complete - Ready for Review."

Alas, my rejection letter finally arrived from Harvard.

@lowmezzo: I'm not sure if anyone from this forum has applied to UMD, nor do I know anyone personally. In general, performance people aren't too common on this forum, so your chances of getting an accurate response here might be limited. Though best of luck nonetheless! :)

The musicology PhD admit was meeee! I really wasn't expecting to make it in, so getting an offer was a huge thrill! I guess I'll be booking a ticket to Montreal in the near future to make a visit!

I'm about to check my mailbox for a Harvard rejection, though. At least the McGill offer will totally soften the blow there. =)

Does Northwestern have interviews for PhD in Musicology Fall 2012 ?

Northwestern did their interviews for Musicology last weekend (I was there for theory but there were musicologists there too) and I think their decisions are going out right now.