Applying for Fall 2012

comp12

I'm convinced that they just dont read their email.

Got a scholly offer from Texas! Pretty surprised actually, I thought my app was really messy.

Hi all!

I'm glad to know that I'm not alone in the impatient waiting-by-mailbox-and-email-inbox game.

Has anyone heard back from Maryland about ethnomusicology by chance? I had a phone interview about a month ago and haven't had any word since then.

You probably already have by now, but I got a letter in the mail, on Friday I believe.

Anyone hear anything from Yale today?

Nope. All silent on the Yale front.

SNES, you're looking at theory, right? Wanted to see what you thought of about Northwestern. I was up there last weekend for a conference, and I gotta say their musicology grads are really cool. But I got the impression from talking to them that it wouldn't really be a good place to go for straight-up theory. (I know they rock at cognition, but while cognition is cool and all, it's not what I want to focus on.)

Got my thick CUNY envelope yesterday (although I'd heard unofficially about ten days ago), still no word on funding. Michigan was supposedly going to nominate me for a merit fellowship, but I got an email saying that the funding package was ready to view -- it's only loans and work study that covers about half of tuition costs...when I have a full ride at Princeton with full health coverage and a very generous stipend? No thank you!

Nearly had a heart-attack: Just got an email from the sender "Graduate Admissions," but it was just from Oxford reminding me of application deadlines (even though I've withdrawn my application). Come on, Yale, what's the hold up?

No, the website is still showing "no decision has been made" for me (Musicology). I don't think anyone's posted an admit there yet...

Somebody posted an admit in musicology (and/or maybe a waitlist?) like a month ago on these boards, and I heard from a person IRL who had interviewed there in late January. The website also shows that no decision has been made for me, but I've pretty much written them off. :-/

You probably already have by now, but I got a letter in the mail, on Friday I believe.

Yes! My letter came Saturday; I got in with funding. Still waiting on Indiana and Michigan, but I'm not holding my breath over either of them.

Congratulations, Cece!

No word from UCLA or NYU for me, but it's been so long that I'm more jaded than sad or anxious. (oh, now I get why schools wait so long to reject!!)

yes. that's what a staffer said. However, I won't be holding my breath.

Exciting, but yeah, I feel the same way. While it would be ridiculously cool to get an offer from those guys, the odds are pretty dang slim.