MFA 2012 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ellsworthy

This is an excellent article

Agreed! Thanks Sculptor.

I want the week to start so that there can be a chance of hearing back from somewhere! Sunday is making me impatient. Although I guess in the US there is the superbowl to keep everyone entertained tonight..

Nothing in my inbox from MassArt yet either...

same here...i guess thats a good thing, i havent been rejected yet...there is still hope. Although MassArt is not my first choice I would still like to know if i got accepted. Then I could stop fearing the worst: round 2 next year :(

I wanted to see what happened this coming week last year. So, I figured that I might as well share. This is pretty much in chronological order of the week. When I say "Interview" it is not the interview itself, but an invitation for it. Also, I just did this as a general guideline for timing. It doesn't mean it's going to be exactly the same as last year. Good luck to anyone who has applied to these schools!

February 7-12, 2011:

ASU - Rejection Email, Painting

CCA - Interview, Email, Painting

CalArts - Interview, Snail mail, Photo

MICA - Interview, Graphic Design

SFAI - Interview, Email, Film

" - Interview, Email, Painting

" - Interview, Printmaking

" - Interview, Design and Technology

Northwestern - Interview, Email, Medium unspecified

2X SMFA - Interview, Email, Medium unspecified

2X PennDesign - Interview, Email, Sculpture (Even though one person who received an invite asked PennDesign if they conducted interviews, and they said no. It is unclear whether every applicant gets interviewed.)

2X MICA - Interview, Email, Mount Royal

ASU - Acceptance, Intermedia

ASU - Acceptance, Ceramics

2X SAIC - Interview, Snail mail, Printmedia

SAIC - Interview, Painting

I'm so nervous, you guys. I'm just a ball of nerves. My stomach is constantly in knots. I have to find some way to relieve this. Has anyone else found some good calming techniques? I'm going to pick up my new drum kit on Friday. Hopefully banging on some new drums will provide some distraction and stress relief.

Have an interview via Skype tomorrow. The pressure's on especially with the rejection from Yale.

End of the month can't get here fast enough. I can't WAIT to hear back from Columbia College.

I'm so nervous, you guys. I'm just a ball of nerves. My stomach is constantly in knots. I have to find some way to relieve this. Has anyone else found some good calming techniques? I'm going to pick up my new drum kit on Friday. Hopefully banging on some new drums will provide some distraction and stress relief.

Have an interview via Skype tomorrow. The pressure's on especially with the rejection from Yale.

End of the month can't get here fast enough. I can't WAIT to hear back from Columbia College.

I just prepared for and did a Skype interview on Sunday.

Tips: practice with friends on Skype -- the first practice session I did I realized I had set my Skype username to "invisible," which you can imagine would have cause some problems come my interview! Also, know the faculty and program and don't be afraid to take a couple notes. I had a cheat sheet with a little picture of each faculty member w/ their names and significant work in case my nerves wiped my brain during the interview. It was very helpful.

And make sure you practice speaking into your webcam, and not the computer screen. It's a bit bizarre to do at first, but the more you practice the more comfortable you'll be talking to a tiny lens

Good luck!.

Hard letter. Hah, no info on the postmark. My girlfriend actually opened it for me and read it (she lives with me), because I am in Vermont right now. No interview, which really surprised me because I had read about others at Tyler getting interviews in previous years. Maybe those were for different programs.

I'm so excited!!! Now that I've gotten into one I can rest more easily.