MFA 2012 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ellsworthy

I need some advice - are you supposed to do your FAFSA before you know where you are going? I have been seeing deadlines but I thought that the FAFSA required you to put down where you were attending? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!!!

Just got my first acceptance (to balance out my Yale rejection). Accepted via email to Ohio State University. Also had a phone interview today with Ohio University at Athens.

They called me last Thursday. It's unofficial I guess? I don't have an email or letter to go with it. Still, I'm happy about it :)

Do you think Ohio State is replying per program then? Its seems varied....anybody know?

I need some advice - are you supposed to do your FAFSA before you know where you are going? I have been seeing deadlines but I thought that the FAFSA required you to put down where you were attending? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!!!

You can submitt your FAFSA with every school that you applied to (it think there is a limit of 10). then when a school accepts you they can pull up your FAFSA. They say you want to have it done by MARCH 1st, or your financial aid may be awarded late

congrats to all who have been accepted and asked to interview.

I'm getting my info together for TA's, RA's and PA's...Its making me crazy because if I don't get awarded anything, there is no way I'm going this year.

I'm already having a difficult time saving to cover housing for a year + moving cost ugh

any one out there in same boat. any penny saving advice? anyone else trying to steer clear of loans?

I'm getting my info together for TA's, RA's and PA's...Its making me crazy because if I don't get awarded anything, there is no way I'm going this year.

I'm already having a difficult time saving to cover housing for a year + moving cost ugh

any one out there in same boat. any penny saving advice? anyone else trying to steer clear of loans?

This is tricky... financial stuff will be different for everybody. Only do what you're comfortable with. (If I had to pick between--hypothetically--waiting a year to apply again or acquiring 70K in debt.... I'd wait a year.) Wishing you the best of luck!

Thanks leetimko.

Also just got a call from Wash U (St. Louis) to advise that I was accepted there as well.

It's getting exciting!

Congrats, fool4nine! Me, too! Are you going to the open house on the 5th?

Congratulations to those getting good news. And hang in there, everybody. This is so tough.

I also got accepted to Wisconsin, and I'm trying to sort out this TA, PA stuff too. Have you filled out your FAFSA? That might help.

Congrats on USF! When/how did you hear?

Well, they called my house in the US this morning, but since I live in Europe right now, they then sent an email to me with more details this afternoon. No interview required. It was also kinda cool, because the acceptance email came from a professor there, one who I was interested in studying with. Good luck!

congratulations to all of you that are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel..

I was really really anxious, not hearing back from anybody, but today I received an email from MICA... I'll be interviewed at least!

awesome! congradulations! are you going to go out there for your interview? I am from chicago and the ticket looks like it could be almost 300 bucks...

For sculpture, and I just heard today (via email). Somebody from painting heard from them Saturday (I think), via phone call. It looks like they're doing it in stages, so hang in there!

I got my interview invite today! Yey CCA people! Good luck everyone!

On 2/13/2012 at 7:00 PM, Leah_Guadagnoli said:

awesome! congradulations! are you going to go out there for your interview? I am from chicago and the ticket looks like it could be almost 300 bucks...

Hi thanks! Now I'm really confused since I've just gotten a call from Washington University in St. Louis and I was accepted there! (they suggested I fly there for an open house March 3)... I'm totally broke, but I'm completely humbled by this whole thing all of a sudden. I just know I will do well on the interview part, so I'd prefer to be there in person, 'smelling' the folks interviewing me :)... I'm in california, so most schools I applied outside of my state are very far and expensive to fly to...

Congrats to everyone on the good news!!! I got an interview with MICA Mount Royal the other day!!. just felt relieved after a phone interview with SAIC that I think has geared me up for other upcoming interviews. But does anyone have any suggestions for an in person interview with MICA? Perhaps someone who has had one before?