Schools that have status check websites

t_ruth

Can we start a list?

Of mine, the only one I know for sure that does is U. of Georgia.

I believe Duke also does, but I think there is an option that only becomes visible once a decision has been made...

Most of my schools do. Namely: UT Austin, UCSB, UC San Diego (although they notify by email when your status is posted), FSU, and Arizona. Although some of the rest, such as USC and UMass, have a status update on their application, I'm not as confident that it will update before I hear from them directly.

If you're not sure about any of your schools, you can go to the results search and look at last year's results to see if they found out by website. That's what I did.

Yep that's the one I was referring to. I don't know about you, but they did not update the status page for me. I have to dig a few links deep to find an updated downloadable form with what they have received to date!

Yeah, that is a pretty odd way of doing it, though the GSAS at least points out that's what they do. Though they say it takes 3-5 days, when the reality was 3-5 weeks. That could be because I submitted my application late afternoon of the deadline...

I know there are some schools that post the results on their regular application status check website. In the results search, I see that people have found out from U. of Washington by just checking the website (before a notification). I'm looking at my status check website and can't see where it would be...

Can anyone who has been through this offer some insight?

when you log in you can click on the word update. It''ll show you status of materials now. That's all.

yep, I had that. What I was wondering is how people in the past had found out their acceptance/rejection status from the site...did they change the system so we won't be able to this year?

it's good news, right? Would they be sending it to the grad school for review if they didn't accept me? Hmmm. We'll see.

It could be good news. For some schools, the final confirmation for admission lies with the grad school dean. Though is most cases its ceremonial since they will follow the department's recommendations. Sit tight and be patient a little longer :)

God, what a tease!

"Submission Status: Submitted

Submitted Date: 12/23/2008 11:06:00 AM E.S.T.

Graduate School Final Review"

Ahhhh!!! Tell me now!!! I mean, I think it's good news, right? Would they be sending it to the grad school for review if they didn't accept me? Hmmm. We'll see.

Is that with an 'ApplyYourself' type website or Embark?