Computer Science applicants, where are you?!

husky07

I don't see many CS people around here, are they just too confident to be on this forum, or are they just observing? Anyway, I know CS decisions don't come out until mid February but I am already freaking out, I can't wait anymore :(

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha no reason to freak out.

By the way, phone interviews are good signs - it might mean the person's trying to recruit you, which means you'll probably get in. Not to get your hopes up too high :)

CS decisions can take until the first week of April to materialize. Just a heads up.

CS PhD applicant checking in. But, why spend all your time waiting anxiously by the computer? I set my gmail settings to automatically forward anything with "graduate", "congratulations", etc. to my cell phone as a text message.

Who am I kidding? I still check my email constantly. Plus frequent trips to that other, paper mailbox.

Husky, yup. A very generous relative is bribing me to go back to school by offering to pay for my tuition and living expenses for the 2 years. :D I'm also hoping that maybe that'll make my chances better since the schools won't have to fund me. Am I crazy or is there some truth to that?

Berkeley too, apparently. At least with my Carnegie Mellon interview, it was with a potential advisor, not a general admissions thing. So, interviews can happen at any time and not necessarily in batches or all at once. Keep up the hope!

I was accepted into UIUC Computer Science PhD two days ago.

Did you receive a letter from Roy Campbell saying "bla-bla-bla... congratulations... bla-bla-bla... You will soon receive an offer letter that will contain more information regarding financial support and other useful information"?

That is what I have received yesterday. I am wondering, how soon is this "soon" :)

Did you receive a letter from Roy Campbell saying "bla-bla-bla... congratulations... bla-bla-bla... You will soon receive an offer letter that will contain more information regarding financial support and other useful information"?

Yep, same thing. Did any professors contact you yet?

MaximKat and Vidman, could you please share your stats with us?

akwok, are you applying to american schools + only UBC in Canada? that's what I am doing, 6 PhD programs in the US + UBC M.S.

Only UBC. Looking to focus on HCI, hopefully it's not too popular a field! :D

I'm in Canada by the way -- specifically BC. I did my undergrad at Waterloo, and after 4 years there I don't think I can stand the Ontario weather for another 2 (or more)!