NSERC 2012-2013

dynasty007

^ I actually don't think anyone in this forum received either PGS or CGS letters, only PDF and rejection emails from their department. I think the only CGS was the guy quoted on twitter, so we may all be getting ahead of ourselves here.

I just talked to my department chair- she hasn't heard anything about NSERC- neither the fellowships nor the discovery grants, and kind of scratched her head, and remarked. "Hmm, they're pretty late this year, aren't they?" She was surprised when I told her there were a few people who had reported getting their letters in other cities already because almost always, the department is emailed a few days before the letters start arriving.

Yeah! I just got my NSERC PGS-D letter in the mail! Maybe they're sending the letters to the successful candidates first...

I'm out of the country right now, but the letter came to my parents place in Ottawa.

I have my NSERC PDF letter now. Succès! Montréal letters are arrived!

This guy is just here to stress us all out, he only has 3 posts that contradict each other multiple ways. As of now, I'm quite certain that no one has actually received their PGS letters, they'll probably only start sending them out tomorrow or Friday, as NSERC has said multiple times to people who have called them.

This guy is just here to stress us all out, he only has 3 posts that contradict each other multiple ways. As of now, I'm quite certain that no one has actually received their PGS letters, they'll probably only start sending them out tomorrow or Friday, as NSERC has said multiple times to people who have called them.

Good catch mattboud! LOL

Mattboud, look at this post :

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:52 PM

Yeah! I just got my NSERC PGS-D letter in the mail! Maybe they're sending the letters to the successful candidates first...

They could just be pulling our legs, and didn't actually receive anything. Posting a fake comment to make everyone else on the forum nervous... :angry:

Edited by stanvx

I have jut called Ecole Polytechnique of Montreal.

They didn't receive anything yet. Generally, they receive the answers at the same time with the candidates.

Guys, have you noticed that in this forum ONLY a couple of people from "Ottawa University" with the mailing address in Ottawa have received their results and nobody else from elsewhere has received anything. I believe some thing fishy is going on here. Just to be sure that my hypothesis is correct: has any one from any other canadian city or university received any type of notice for PDF, PGS, CGS, ... (rejection or acceptance) from NSERC or the university? If so, please let us know.

Thanks Mattboud for the information

No problem. I'm as stressed and eager as all of you to find my letter in the mail, but I think I'll force myself to calm down until next Monday.

I am really puzzled :( :( :( Is some one playing with our emotion?? :( :( :(

Guys, have you noticed that in this forum ONLY a couple of people from "Ottawa University" with the mailing address in Ottawa have received their results and nobody else from elsewhere has received anything. I believe some thing fishy is going on here. Just to be sure that my hypothesis is correct: has any one from any other canadian city or university received any type of notice for PDF, PGS, CGS, ... (rejection or acceptance) from NSERC or the university? If so, please let us know.

There was that one guy, apparently at Waterloo (not from this forum) reporting he got a CGS on twitter on the 26th, and it was retweeted by NSERC. So that seems legit.

But otherwise, we might be being trolled. Damnit. Trolling naturally high strung, control freaky grad students about potentially life-changing information. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

There was that one guy, apparently at Waterloo (not from this forum) reporting he got a CGS on twitter on the 26th, and it was retweeted by NSERC. So that seems legit.

But otherwise, we might be being trolled. Damnit. Trolling naturally high strung, control freaky grad students about potentially life-changing information. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

Maybe someone from inside NSERC slipped him the info, or something else special happened (winner of a top award? upgraded from a PGS that he had already won to a CGS?). Also, I doubt any person high up the organisation deals with their Twitter account, it might just be a low level employee who is none the wiser.

Frm wat I feel, NSERC is playing very safe... Maybe they have given acceptance letter or rejection letter depending on the candidate (Acceptance: For very strong candidate and rejection for otherwise candidate). I think the Twitter thing was legit. Maybe after the budget is released, all the letters frm NSERC will start flowing. I am hoping to hear frm ppl around west by tomorrow or so (potentially strong candidate).. Maybe I shud check my mailbox!

In my opinion, letter will be send Friday 30 March and persons in Montreal will have the answer On Mondag April 2nd.

Agreed. That is after the budget and before March 31st. This is also a government, last minute is kind of their specialty :D