Social Psychology Fall 2012 Applicants

BlueCamel

Has anyone heard back from any of the following schools:

Penn State

Wisconsin - Madison

Pittsburgh

Delaware

The results page seems to be quiet for these so far but if anyone knows anything about them I'd really appreciate it.

Ditto on Delaware-- I haven't heard anything, and there has been no buzz on the results survey.

And how about SUNY SB? Anyone?

anyone heard back from Northeastern yet??

Several faculty members already made their offer to the 1st choice; one in Cognitive is waiting on a grant so can't do anything till then (and he already informed the applicants).

anyone heard back from Northeastern yet??

Received a call from POI on Sunday to extend offer, followed by an e-mail from the department this morning. It looks like they made some cuts post-interview weekend (someone posted a rejection), so no news may turn out to be good news.

UCSB, Y U NO tell us anything?!?! Or, has anyone (aside from the one lucky admit) gotten any word? Once I hear from them it's decision time for me! ...I'm not holding my breath to hear anything positive from Davis or Washington at this point, so UCSB is the only real competition to my one admit.

anyone apply to stony brook's social & health program? haven't seen anything in the results survey and haven't heard from the school aside from an email that was sent early january....any information would be greatly appreciated!!

have you heard back since then?

have you heard back since then?
hi addie. received a similar email to you; waitlisted and they will let me know if they decide to make offers to students on the waitlist. bleh. have you heard anything since the email about being waitlisted? Edited by socpsy123

UCSB, Y U NO tell us anything?!?! Or, has anyone (aside from the one lucky admit) gotten any word? Once I hear from them it's decision time for me! ...I'm not holding my breath to hear anything positive from Davis or Washington at this point, so UCSB is the only real competition to my one admit.

Hey, sorry to tell you but the UCSB social psych recruitment weekend is this weekend

Looks like I got totally shut out. Not even a single invitation to interview anywhere. I was aiming high but still thought I'd at least be competitive.

I applied to:

UCSD - (Only school that officially got back to me on their own relatively promptly with a reject)

UC Davis - Emailed professor today to confirm rejection.

Cornell

NYU - "We regret to inform you that we had over 200 applications and that although your application is competitive, you did not make the short list."

Michigan State - Emailed POI today to confirm.

Washington State - This was the last place I was holding out hope for, but emailed POI today and he said that I might be on the backup list but they were interviewing other people, so it seems unreasonable to still hold onto much of any hope at this point.

I am defeated.

Edited by Weizarred

hi addie. received a similar email to you; waitlisted and they will let me know if they decide to make offers to students on the waitlist. bleh. have you heard anything since the email about being waitlisted?

Also waitlisted. Crossing fingers for both of us :-)

Looks like I got totally shut out. Not even a single invitation to interview anywhere. I was aiming high but still thought I'd at least be competitive.

I applied to:

UCSD - (Only school that officially got back to me on their own relatively promptly with a reject)

UC Davis - Emailed professor today to confirm rejection.

Cornell

NYU - "We regret to inform you that we had over 200 applications and that although your application is competitive, you did not make the short list."

Michigan State - Emailed POI today to confirm.

Washington State - This was the last place I was holding out hope for, but emailed POI today and he said that I might be on the backup list but they were interviewing other people, so it seems unreasonable to still hold onto much of any hope at this point.

I am defeated.

Sorry Weizzarred, that sucks. Believe me, I've been there. :-(

Out of curiousity, did you apply to MSU's social psych program or cog psych?

So now that most of the PhD rejections are out there, has anyone heard anything about Villanova, W&M or Wake Forest? Judging by last year's results they should be contacting people soon. I know Villanova does rolling admissions but I applied close to the deadline...if anyone on here was accepted, how long did it take you to hear back?

So now that most of the PhD rejections are out there, has anyone heard anything about Villanova, W&M or Wake Forest? Judging by last year's results they should be contacting people soon. I know Villanova does rolling admissions but I applied close to the deadline...if anyone on here was accepted, how long did it take you to hear back?

When I was accepted to W&M (two years ago), I was contacted around March 8. Some people who were accepted and are currently attending weren't contacted until mid-to-late March or even early April. I think the deadline was only about two or three weeks ago, though, so don't give up on them yet!

Hi Steph - I know there is another thread going on of applicants accepted to Villanova. I currently attend 'Nova as a 2nd year and honestly have no idea about where they are in accepting students...but people are in fact hearing back. Hope this helps somehow! (In my experience, it took me about a month to hear back.)

I was accepted into Villanova ~2 weeks ago after applying in mid-January. W&M made me an offer today, but not to work with my top choice professor. Regarding a chance for you to get in, I'll most likely be turning down both offers within a couple of weeks, so hopefully it'll open up a spot for you.

Edited by NewScientist12

I know several people here have been waitlisted at Kansas's social psych program. Has anyone heard anything about the waitlist since letters went out a month ago. I know it's early, but just wondering.

I know several people here have been waitlisted at Kansas's social psych program. Has anyone heard anything about the waitlist since letters went out a month ago. I know it's early, but just wondering.

I'm not sure how it all works, but I was accepted to the KU social program. From what I gathered, they invited a larger group of students to visit than they usually accept. Put differently, say 10 people were accepted, some wouldn't accept the offer while others wouldn't get funding, ultimately creating an incoming class of about 2-4. SO, being on the waitlist is better than nothing, but the probability of all 10 not accepting the offer is rather low.. Not to be a downer! I was in this exact position last year.

I'm not sure how it all works, but I was accepted to the KU social program. From what I gathered, they invited a larger group of students to visit than they usually accept. Put differently, say 10 people were accepted, some wouldn't accept the offer while others wouldn't get funding, ultimately creating an incoming class of about 2-4. SO, being on the waitlist is better than nothing, but the probability of all 10 not accepting the offer is rather low.. Not to be a downer! I was in this exact position last year.

Oh I completely agree that it's a long shot, but that's kind of why I was wondering if anyone has heard anything or not. I haven't heard a thing but I don't know if anyone else has. I'm guessing they won't get to the waitlist, but you never know.

Oh I completely agree that it's a long shot, but that's kind of why I was wondering if anyone has heard anything or not. I haven't heard a thing but I don't know if anyone else has. I'm guessing they won't get to the waitlist, but you never know.

Haven't heard anything either but I'm sure if you emailed, they'd be able to give you some sort of information regarding your rank on the list.

Sorry Weizzarred, that sucks. Believe me, I've been there. :-(

Out of curiousity, did you apply to MSU's social psych program or cog psych?

Cognitive for that one, I believe.