PhD in I/O Psychology Fall 2012

Akruti

I applied to:

Wright State (had a phone interview with my POI and am awaiting his final decision)

Central Michigan ("not far down" on the waiting list)

University of Houston

Texas A&M

Florida International

Central Florida

Missouri St. Louis

St. Louis University

Clemson

Albany SUNY

North Carolina State

Northern Illinois

Cornell ILR

I applied to:

Wright State (had a phone interview with my POI and am awaiting his final decision)

Central Michigan ("not far down" on the waiting list)

University of Houston

Texas A&M

Florida International

Central Florida

Missouri St. Louis

St. Louis University

Clemson

Albany SUNY

North Carolina State

Northern Illinois

Cornell ILR

How can I find out my position on the waiting list? Should I contact the university and ask them ?

It may be a stupid question, it's just that I am not very familiar with the admission process in US. :unsure:

I applied to:

Texas A&M

Colorado State

University of Tulsa

Kansas State

Saint Louis University

Northern Illinois

I have not heard from any of these schools yet.

Colorado State told me they would make their final decisions about the first week of February, so at least you have a timeline for one of those schools.

How can I find out my position on the waiting list? Should I contact the university and ask them ?

It may be a stupid question, it's just that I am not very familiar with the admission process in US. :unsure:

Yeah I just emailed the Admissions Committee Chair (it's Stephen Colarelli for the Ph.D. program, not sure if it's the same for the masters program) and asked him. He was very nice by the way.

Yeah I just emailed the Admissions Committee Chair (it's Stephen Colarelli for the Ph.D. program, not sure if it's the same for the masters program) and asked him. He was very nice by the way.

Thanks Caitlinelise. Dr Colarelli is the person of contact for Masters too. I will contact him today

Edited by Irina15

I missed a call from my POI from Colorado State. Called her back and got her voicemail, still no return call. Time to spend the weekend pulling my hair out in anxiety.

My POI from GA Tech called me yesterday and told me I was accepted, they just made their decsicions on Wednesday, I'm not sure if anyone else was waiting on them.

No worries Gradguy, I have applied to 6 and if it were not for me calling one of them (UCF) and finding out I was on the wait list I wouldn't have any answers yet either. I-O kinda sucks on the part that many programs do not send out their decisions till way after other fields.

James, are you from the Florida area or just happen to have a lot schools in FL your applying too?

gradguy, what James said is true. If you see other people have heard things I would call or email, or just sending a polite email to ask when they think decisions would be made is fine. I've done this with most of the programs I applied to and found out useful information pretty quickly.

I currently live in Las Vegas but applied to programs in Florida for 4 reasons:

1) the fit was there

2) I used to live in West Palm Beach area and miss it

3) my sister-in-law lives in Orlando so my wife would be happy

4) I hate clode weather!

Thanks James and Gibbas for the advice. I don't think I will call any programs unless it gets into March. If I am going to get rejected, I would like to keep the dream alive for as long as possible. There are so many variables that can work for or against you in these types of decisions that i would not have any clue how it will go.