DONE. Ugh. Anyone else done?

Unfortunately, that is a common issue. Many schools get so many applications that it often takes calling to the school to get everything updated.

I feel for them, having to get so many apps, but still, part of me is a little irritated that it took them a month to do that. Or maybe I'm more irritated that they made me panic. ND is my number one choice this year and I tried to make that app especially perfect (if that's possible!) so seeing that my app was "incomplete" after I submitted just freaked me the hell out for a hot minute.

But in lighter news, yay for 100 (and 1!) posts!

Done, done, done, done, DOOOOOOOOONE! I was going to procrastinate a little to work with the LSU writing sample, but I decided to start the New Year with a clean slate. I finished the application this morning and mailed out the supporting documents. Now I can allow about a week for schools to get the information loaded to the website before I start calling them to make sure everything is received. I can have my evenings back for pleasure reading and watching television again. It has been oh so long.

I am now finished! I only applied to 5 schools, though. Now to wait and see if anyone is missing anything I definitely sent. Those GRE score reports were damn expensive to send (I took the test last year) so they'd better be there.

I only have 3 apps left, and I just can't find the motivation. I am seriously in application burnout. I just want to get them done, but I can't muster the energy to finish them.

"I was probably the last applicant to Brown University, just hours ago. If anyone beat me in procrastinating on submitting their writing sample please do post."

Me. I'm trying to submit it right now but it keeps saying "fill in all required fields"... but I DID!!!!!! what that fuck. Its 20 minutes until midnight over there and I'm freaking out. You didn't have this problem??

I finished yesterday. I then had to pack up my stuff, which mysteriously multiplied over my six week holiday break, drive to Wisconsin, and unload everything in time for class at 11 this morning. I'm only just opening my computer for the first time since submitting my UConn app yesterday.

BUT I'M DONE! I'M DONE! I'M DONE DONE DONE!!!!!!!!!!!

I finished yesterday. I then had to pack up my stuff, which mysteriously multiplied over my six week holiday break, drive to Wisconsin, and unload everything in time for class at 11 this morning. I'm only just opening my computer for the first time since submitting my UConn app yesterday.

BUT I'M DONE! I'M DONE! I'M DONE DONE DONE!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats! I am so jealous! I haven't done anything in a couple of weeks. I need to buck up and get these last 3 done so I can move on with my life!

Congrats! I am so jealous! I haven't done anything in a couple of weeks. I need to buck up and get these last 3 done so I can move on with my life!

So worth it. To have the stress taken off your shoulders...incredible. I had to push through my last one, but so glad I did.

Nevermind. Got it in. That was terrifying. But in any case, you were not the last applicant to Brown :)

Sorry Live, after I submitted, I closed my computer and went on vacation. It felt pretty good. Pretty, pretty good!

Glad the last minute technical difficulties [which they program on purpose, I'm sure, just to mess with us] didn't derail your game!

Good luck to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

The funny thing is we say we are done, but there is the process of making sure the schools have all of our material after submission. Which is a task in itself!! One of my schools the writing sample didn't load, so I am off to the post office to mail a hard copy now. Still waiting to hear from 2 schools to make sure they have all my stuff. Yay for 2 word last names that are confusing and stuff doesn't load properly.

The funny thing is we say we are done, but there is the process of making sure the schools have all of our material after submission. Which is a task in itself!! One of my schools the writing sample didn't load, so I am off to the post office to mail a hard copy now. Still waiting to hear from 2 schools to make sure they have all my stuff. Yay for 2 word last names that are confusing and stuff doesn't load properly.

I've had a couple of schools tell me they didn't receive transcripts from one of my schools only to find out they did receive it but it was in my maiden name. What is the point of including "other names I have gone by" if they aren't going to check it?

The funny thing is we say we are done, but there is the process of making sure the schools have all of our material after submission. Which is a task in itself!!

I've had a couple of schools tell me they didn't receive transcripts from one of my schools only to find out they did receive it but it was in my maiden name. What is the point of including "other names I have gone by" if they aren't going to check it?

I just went back and created a new tab on my massive Excel spreadsheet to make sure everything's been received. I haven't heard anything from my schools about missing materials: should I assume that means everything's been received? Or are we supposed to call each program to make sure they have everything?

Extra karma points for those schools that actually list online what they've received--whether or not that's 100% accurate ... grrr.

I just went back and created a new tab on my massive Excel spreadsheet to make sure everything's been received. I haven't heard anything from my schools about missing materials: should I assume that means everything's been received? Or are we supposed to call each program to make sure they have everything?

Extra karma points for those schools that actually list online what they've received--whether or not that's 100% accurate ... grrr.

Yeah, I'm not sure. I've had two schools contact me, and both times it turned out they had the stuff and didn't realize. I am still finishing up my last 3 apps this weekend, so I figured that once I was done with those 3, I would check each school's website to make sure they had everything, and the ones that don't let you check online, I will probably email and tell them the problems other schools had and say I just wanted to make sure they didn't have the same issues......

I wouldn't assume. Check the website to see if everything has posted, if it hasn't call them. For schools that don't allow you to check online, get in touch with them as well. I generally send an email and they are pretty quick to respond.

I had a school last year that didn't indicate anything was missing and then I got a rejection letter stating my application was incomplete.

I wouldn't assume. Check the website to see if everything has posted, if it hasn't call them. For schools that don't allow you to check online, get in touch with them as well. I generally send an email and they are pretty quick to respond.

I had a school last year that didn't indicate anything was missing and then I got a rejection letter stating my application was incomplete.

Yikes! I can't believe you were rejected because the app was incomplete. That's awfully douchey, I think. I mean, you paid all that money and spent all that time, so obviously if something was incomplete, it wasn't on purpose. Shame on them!

Yow!!! That's just cruel. Sorry that happened to you. ETA: Do you mind if I ask what program that was?

Yep, am emailing them today. Gathered up all the contact info for schools that DON'T track stuff for you online. Thanks for the advice!

Edited by bespeckled

Yikes! I can't believe you were rejected because the app was incomplete. That's awfully douchey, I think. I mean, you paid all that money and spent all that time, so obviously if something was incomplete, it wasn't on purpose. Shame on them!

Yea, the worst part was it was a transcript that they had they just didn't load it correctly!!!