Fall 2012 Season

Veilside1

Rejected from WUSTL for Art History and Archaeology (Classical). Still waiting on Boston University, University of Missouri, Florida State, and University of Arizona.

I heard about IPGRH last week. Someone else I know still hasn't heard anything so I am guessing that no news is good news at this point! That would be a super program and is suppose to have really cohesive cohorts! Good luck!!

Has anyone heard from Joukowsky? Classics, History, and Anthropology have all sent out decisions, but I haven't seen anything for Archaeology and the Ancient World.

To the person who said that IPCAA made decisions... how do you know? It wasn't a good fit for me anyway, but I'd still like an answer.

A fellow MA student of mine here at UArizona received notice of her acceptance to Brown's program last Friday as far as I know...

Sad, I guess that's a no-go for Brown. I do wish they would send all the notifications at the same time. Maybe I'm lucky and on the wait-list?

I just got the go find your rejection letter online from AHMA. Good luck to everyone else.

I heard about IPGRH last week. Someone else I know still hasn't heard anything so I am guessing that no news is good news at this point! That would be a super program and is suppose to have really cohesive cohorts! Good luck!!

I actually applied to the Joint Program through History rather than Classics. I hope that means that there is still hope for you via Classics!

Attia,

This week has been filled with no news for me, but this is twice now that you have given me hope for two of the programs that I really want, and that I'm still waiting to hear from. If I ever see you in person, I owe you a beer!

I am dissapointed that I never heard back from Chicago though, although maybe I'll be waitlisted there, who knows. You can't ever count a school out until they officially reject you, so we'll see.

Latin poetry is my primary research interest. And I'm sure your TA position has helped your app. It's just stiff competition! Hope you hear good news soon -- like tomorrow! :)

It's hard to feel confident after staring at my lone rejection for the last week. Of course, it doesn't help that I'm having to deal with Greek this semester when I wasn't planning to. The downside of a small program.Latin poetry is cool. I've enjoyed the classes involving the major poets, although Statius bored me terribly.Tomorrow would be nice, definitely!

I haven't read Statius, so he might bore me, too. Where all are you waiting to hear from, still?

Basically everywhere. I also applied to Brown's Joukowsky Institute, UT Austin, Florida State, Johns Hopkins' interdepartmental Classical Art and Archaeology program, and Boston U's Archaeology program. I'm applying from an MA program, so hopefully that helps. We'll see though.

I can't believe that here it is Friday, 3:18 pm EST, and this week has passed with no word from any of my remaining 12 programs... It looks like another long weekend is ahead of waiting till Monday morning.

I find it very odd that for the past few weeks I've dreaded the weekend and looked forward to Monday. :huh: