Fall 2012 Season

Veilside1

I'll delurk to say that I have one of the Notre Dame interviews. I got my bachelor's from an undistinguished state university in the Midwest, so needless to say, I'm excited. I'm on the Greek side, particularly Hellenistic, of things and I do Arabic as well, so Notre Dame is a top choice for me.

Good luck this month, everyone!

ECS' committee hasn't even met yet. The applications were just due the other day (the 1st or 2nd, I think). They do the Ph.D applications, then MTS, then ECS here, so I imagine they will meet within a couple of weeks. I think I heard back at the end of March.

Attia,

I'm wih you on Brown. The History Department sent out word today for their all applicants (accepted, rejected, and wait listed), but the Classics Department is still lagging. I applied to the Joint PhD Program in Ancient History, and seeing that numerous people who applied to this program via the History Departmeny have heard word, I'd expect that half, at least, of that particular applicant pool has been assessed...so hopefully in the next few days word will come to us--assuming that you applied to the Ancient History program that is.

Has anyone heard word from AHMA at Berkeley or IPGRH at Michigan?? I have one acceptance now out of 14 programs, and really just want answers to start coming in... :-/

Veilside,

I woke up with an email from Brown this morning (around 6 am EST) saying that I was admitted and that they were sure I had already heard... well I hadn't! The email said that I had been accepted into the History department (although I applied to the Joint PhD Program in Ancient History) so either the History department is offering the funding or I have been placed their for admin purposes. I hope you get good news today too!

Attia,

Congrats on Brown and Chicago!! I haven't received word and my online app for Brown still says "a decision has not yet been made" so it's likely a rejection...as I'm sure Chicago is too since my inbox is also lacking in a letter from them.

I noticed that you have a rejection from IPGRH, when did you hear? I still have nothing from them.