Where my Duke applicants at?!

Oh well. I interviewed with my top choice earlier this week, so all of my energy/worry/prayers to the universe are dedicated to the aftermath of that particular exchange.

Congrats to all who were selected to interview!

My condolences to the lit folks who didn't receive an interview request. For those of us in the English pool, there's only been one acceptance (that we know of) thus far, correct? So I suppose in theory we're not dead in the water just yet.

Edited by MichaelK

My condolences to the lit folks who didn't receive an interview request. For those of us in the English pool, there's only been one acceptance (that we know of) thus far, correct? So I suppose in theory we're not dead in the water just yet.

I think there are two up already. Blahhhhh I really don't know whether or not to keep up my hopes or just surrender to the rejection and get my hopes up for the next place...

:angry: <--- My face right now...and through this whole process.

I see that Duke English has two 'Accepts' on the board. Maybe that means they are done for the year? Let's say 1/3 of all students are on this website, so that would mean they have taken 6 so far. It could reasonably be the whole class.

EDIT: Didn't mean to be a total downer. Just trying to figure out what's going on in Durham.

Edited by WellSpring

I recieved 2 of those horrible application status emails in the last 2 days! Yet, no decisions letter posted. Oh Duke, please stop that.

Yes! I just received another one this morning, making two in less than 24 hours! Yeesh. Just reject me already! This teasing is so not cute right now. :P

Yes! I just received another one this morning, making two in less than 24 hours! Yeesh. Just reject me already! This teasing is so not cute right now. :P

Gah me too! I swear they're coming with more frequency, like they're trying to drive me off the deep end.

for what it's worth, in the interview invitation, they wanted interviewees to let them know by wednesday morning whether they'd be coming. acceptances won't be made until around march 1st i don't think, but historically, i think that only those who have gone to interview weekend have been accepted.

Sorry I'm late to the conversation, but I wanted to congratulate Ivandub, Enzian, and Vordhosbntwin (with extra kudos for his/her reconnaissance efforts and undying hope). I, too, will join you on "Prospectives Weekend." (I was the second person to report an acceptance on the board, I believe). Looking forward to seeing you all there! I hope we all make it to the final cut.

Edited to reiterate that this is in reference to the Literature Program.

Edited by takethiswaltz

For those of you who'll be going to Duke for the Lit interviews: I seem to be one of two 'finalists' who'll be doing their interviews via Skype. They'll be on Feb 20. An email was just sent to us via Tiwonda. So presumably all the others will be attending Duke for the prospectives weekend. Good luck to everyone

For those of you who'll be going to Duke for the Lit interviews: I seem to be one of two 'finalists' who'll be doing their interviews via Skype. They'll be on Feb 20. An email was just sent to us via Tiwonda. So presumably all the others will be attending Duke for the prospectives weekend. Good luck to everyone

I got the equivalent e-mail asking to verify travel plans by Friday. In your version of the e-mail, Tiwonda didn't happen to mention how many total "finalists" there are, did she? (Good luck to you, too!)

Also - congratulations, takethiswaltz! I don't think I've read this thread since you posted.

Thanks, Enzian, and good luck to everyone! I hope we all make it into the new cohort. I'm ready to have some fun and keep in mind that, even if I don't make the final cut, it's still a huge honor and privilege to make it to an interview of this kind. I'm sending good vibes to everyone!