What are you listening to?

fenderpete

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I've been listening to a lot of Obtuse Corrosion.. their latest album, monolithic steamshovel, has gotten a lot of critical acclaim and rightly so.

I was loving Squirrelplastic Skydiver until i found out that they sold the rights to one of their songs for a honda commercial.. bastards...

Lately I'm mostly listening to N.W.A. and Ice Cube. But I'm also enjoying U2's slightly overlooked 1990's work, and when I want a change-up I listen to Cornershop (now slightly famous in the US for a Nike commercial with Lebron James).

When sitting around the house, I listen to my old favorites, New Order and the Jesus & Mary Chain, which tend to not annoy my roommates. When I'm on the train, running, or in the house myself, I listen to lots of Scandinavian metal, especially Sonata Arctica and Tyr. They do tend to annoy...other people.

Well I've been listening to a lot of Obtuse Corrosion.. their latest album, monolithic steamshovel, has gotten a lot of critical acclaim and rightly so.

I was loving Squirrelplastic Skydiver until i found out that they sold the rights to one of their songs for a honda commercial.. bastards...

Oh wow! Did you hear that "Obtuse Corrosion" split 7" they did with "SinCosSinX?" It was incredible. Limited pressing though (I picked one up at their shows). Also one of the guys in "Squirrelplastic Skydiver" is doing a solo project called "The Element Boron." He played a live show with "Unstratified Luther." They released a live ep on a small Estonian label called "arvustustele v

Oh wow! Did you hear that "Obtuse Corrosion" split 7" they did with "SinCosSinX?" It was incredible. Limited pressing though (I picked one up at their shows). Also one of the guys in "Squirrelplastic Skydiver" is doing a solo project called "The Element Boron." He played a live show with "Unstratified Luther." They released a live ep on a small Estonian label called "arvustustele v

Saw Jeff Tweedy last night :D Been listening to a lot of Being There.

Other than that, been listening to tons of Of Montreal, esp. Satanic Panic and Hissing Fauna. Haven't heard the new one yet...

There's another album after Hissing Fauna??? I keep seeing that Outback commercial that um ...features Wraith Pinned to the Mist.

Some of you guys have great taste in music.

I've been listening to Pavement, No Age, Fleet Foxes, Glasvegas, Matt & Kim (although I'm over the last two already). In addition to my usual rounds of Clash, Bowie, Smiths.