Official Admitted Thread

Congratulations, alias, legallyproper, and bgreenster!

I just got an acceptance from Georgetown School of Government!

Highly personalized, very kind email titled "Congratulations from Georgetown!" and sent at 12:30 AM Saturday morning EST! Quite a disincentive to not check emails and Apply Yourself at all hours of the day and night, eh? :)

Edited by charlotte_asia

I never thought I would be this anxious about applying to graduate school, but the pressure is definitely coming on considering its the end of February. I've been accepted to the John Glenn School of Public Affairs at The Ohio State. The faculty nominated me for a University Fellowship so I am praying that comes through. Unfortunately, I was rejected from the Askew School because of my "judicial status." I'm not sure as to what this is, but I've tried to contact the office multiple times with no success. I guess this isn't that bad of news as it was the last choice on my list. Now I'm only waiting on one more school: The University of Georgia at Athens. This is the long shot on my list, but I would not have applied if I didn't feel like I had anything to offer. On that note, has anyone applied to UGA's MPA program? Or, heard anything back?

P.S. I feel like people on this forum apply to such lofty schools...hahaha

MPAprospect12,

FSU sent me an email referring me back to the Application Status page. However, I was not rejected based upon my numbers but rather because of my judicial status. They rejected me before I even got back to them about the matter. Lame.

When did you apply to UGA for the MPA program? I applied in late January and I was told I would hear back in 6-8 weeks. Was that about the same for you? If not, I feel a rejection letter coming in or I am not in a good position on their waiting list :( Yikes!

P.S. Where else did you apply? Undergrad?

Hi everybody, I've known of gradcafe for a while but haven't posted anything til now.

Anyway, I got accepted to Korbel with the $18,000 scholarship on February 15th as well. It is the first result for me and I love how it takes the pressure off a bit. Still not that cheap but better than getting in somewhere more prestigious with no funding IMO. I hope some other programs say something soon, especially IHEID!

Congrats to everyone for the acceptances this early in the game!

I also got accepted by Kobel earlier this month and the scholarship is 20K dollars a year. It is so surprising. Isn't the largest funding is 18K? May be it is because I am a foreign student and they are being nice?

By the way, my program is international development.

MPAprospect12,

FSU sent me an email referring me back to the Application Status page. However, I was not rejected based upon my numbers but rather because of my judicial status. They rejected me before I even got back to them about the matter. Lame.

When did you apply to UGA for the MPA program? I applied in late January and I was told I would hear back in 6-8 weeks. Was that about the same for you? If not, I feel a rejection letter coming in or I am not in a good position on their waiting list :( Yikes!

P.S. Where else did you apply? Undergrad?

I applied in January too, I think they're still accepting people, I haven't seen many people posting about it so I think they're probably doing it in waves. I also applied to Georgia State (MPA). Haven't heard anything from them either.

Congratulations, alias, legallyproper, and bgreenster!

I just got an acceptance from Georgetown School of Government!

Highly personalized, very kind email titled "Congratulations from Georgetown!" and sent at 12:30 AM Saturday morning EST! Quite a disincentive to not check emails and Apply Yourself at all hours of the day and night, eh? :)

Congrats! Yay for Georgetown

Hi everyone:

Been lurking the boards during the process, so I thought I'd finally contribute. Heard back from CIPA about 2 weeks ago, admitted with about 75% of tuition covered (which I think is standard for their fellows). Haven't heard from any other schools, although I did get invited to interview for Fels last week.

Hi, Congrats! I got an email from CIPA AO saying that they put me on the waiting list and they will review my application again in 2-3 wks. I am really panicking now. Do you have any idea what the chance is for them to give me an offer? thx!

I also got accepted by Kobel earlier this month and the scholarship is 20K dollars a year. It is so surprising. Isn't the largest funding is 18K? May be it is because I am a foreign student and they are being nice?

By the way, my program is international development.

I suppose they ARE being nice huh? That is great! I guess that teaches me not to trust what schools write about scholarships/finaid... My program is international studies, but I like how you can change it later on if you want at Korbel, unlike the European schools.

Heard from the Georgetown MGHD (Masters in Global Human Development) today. Full scholarship ($40k) -- over the moon! I think they are giving out limited full scholarships to attract people for the first cohort of the program. Something to keep in mind for future applicants who want to do development -- this is one of the only options out there for an actual degree in development, as opposed to an elective track in an IR program.

Heard from the Georgetown MGHD (Masters in Global Human Development) today. Full scholarship ($40k) -- over the moon! I think they are giving out limited full scholarships to attract people for the first cohort of the program. Something to keep in mind for future applicants who want to do development -- this is one of the only options out there for an actual degree in development, as opposed to an elective track in an IR program.

Holy crap, that is excellent news! Congrats, Piquant!!!!

Officially in at Georgetown SFS's MA in German and European Studies!

YES!!!!!!!!!!! I was hoping to see your post! Let's chat man I'm in too! I can't make it to the Open House for Accepted Students because I'll be presenting my thesis in Utah at the NCUR 2012 Conference. PM me your email I'd love to just talk about your interests and such, ahh so excited man! :D

To the Heinz admits - first of all, congratulations on getting in, w/funding! Which track did you guys apply for? I submitted my application for the 3-semester MSPPM track in early December, still waiting anxiously to hear back ...

I applied for the DC track