Official Admitted Thread

The only secret ingredient is honestly my experiences throughout undergrad that I was afforded with foreign government, US government, legal, non-governmental, military intelligence, and philanthropic public service internships that I completed (10 throughout undergrad) and being afforded the opportunity to become a Charles B. Rangel Scholar last summer (this opportunity opened so many doors it's unbelievable!) Best of luck to you godlessangel!

according to the results page, UT-Austin LBJ has sent out a rejection. and so it begins...

Yikes, here we go....

I'm really lucky, and I think I may be less crazy now that I heard from Georgetown and know I can legitimately go somewhere. The funding thing was stressing me out - I was so scared I'd actually get in places and then not be able to afford to go anywhere!

according to the results page, UT-Austin LBJ has sent out a rejection. and so it begins...

Oh, and apparently there have been two sent out... Guess we may be hearing this week?

Legallyproper: Your signature says that you got pretty decent funding for SPEA, but I'm curious about where it came from? SPEA's office just said that they haven't announced fin aid at all yet...

My apologies for not specifying but inquisitve87 I applied for dual degree MA in MPA/African American & African Diaspora Studies and the AAAD (CAS) office is where the $19,000 is coming from. Sorry for the confusion.

My apologies for not specifying but inquisitve87 I applied for dual degree MA in MPA/African American & African Diaspora Studies and the AAAD (CAS) office is where the $19,000 is coming from. Sorry for the confusion.

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification! And congrats by the way- that ought to just about take care of tuition there.

I just got into American SIS :D :D :D :D Full tuition plus stipend. I can't quite believe it. Woke up this morning (7PM EST) in Nepal to some fairly life changing news. Regardless of what happens now, I can relax and know wherever I go next, it's going to be East Coast :D

I just got into American SIS :D :D :D :D Full tuition plus stipend. I can't quite believe it. Woke up this morning (7PM EST) in Nepal to some fairly life changing news. Regardless of what happens now, I can relax and know wherever I go next, it's going to be East Coast :D

=( My financial aid section has no information.

=( My financial aid section has no information.

I wouldn't worry yet, I'm an international student so they may well be dealing with us lot first. The funding I got is earmarked for non-US citizens. I can imagine funding for US citizens is very very competitive. Congrats on the acceptance :)

Congrats! I hope that the SIS-EPGA applicants get notification tomorrow! I'm impatiently waiting because I really like the program! That's some great news though! :D

That's great! What program? Your profile says MA Intl Development. In that case, I got into the IDEV Program as well, with the same award. And we're from neighboring countries, so that is also exciting. Are you going to be going there for sure?

Congrats!!! Mad Prop for full tuition plus stipend!!!! You can make it rain with money in DC this Fall :D :D :D

Seems that the NYU Wagner decisions are coming out - got in earlier today! Anyone else hear back from them? I have heard they are quite stingy with funding though so anxious to hear about that in the next few days...

I'm so worried about SIS-EPGA & UT-MGPS...ughhhh I hate this waiting game!

I got my acceptance for SIS-EPGA, although doesn't look like good funding. It's a little confusing, so I'm not entirely sure.

That's great! What program? Your profile says MA Intl Development. In that case, I got into the IDEV Program as well, with the same award. And we're from neighboring countries, so that is also exciting. Are you going to be going there for sure?

I went for the IPCR as it's a perfect mix of conflict resolution/development for me. I'm actually working in Nepal at the minute, but from the UK.

Thanks a lot to all the other well wishers. Having sat on this forum before and watched rejection after rejection roll in I can't quite tell you how good it feels to be on the other end :)

In terms of whether I take the offer it'll be down to whether I get in anywhere else and if I did manage to, what funding they offer. I'd be nuts to turn down a free MA for anything less than the same elsewhere though!

I got my acceptance for SIS-EPGA, although doesn't look like good funding. It's a little confusing, so I'm not entirely sure.

Oh gosh! I wonder how they are doing the notifications because I didn't get anything!