Official Admitted Thread

Just got online notification (checked site due to some serious OCD, didn't get email telling me to check it) that I was admitted to UMD's MPP. No mention of funding, but I talked with someone in their office last week and hard copy letters should be coming out this week too so hopefully that will talk about $.

I haven't heard from ANYWHERE yet! This thread is giving me a heart attack. I suppose it's my fault for lurking on a thread called "official admitted thread."

Applied: Fletcher, SIPA, SFS, SAIS, SIS

Oh interesting--completely forgot that they had a different Masters program. I just need one acceptance and then I can return to being human again (I hope).

Oh man, wish this hadn't been seen :P I'm guessing it's the MIDP, since as far as I can tell, the MPP is consistently 2nd week of March.

And not to burst your bubble, but one acceptance will not a human make. I feel like I've gotten crazier because now I expect to know everything... although, my acceptances haven't included funding info, nor have there been any online status changes, so it doesn't really feel official.

Oh man, wish this hadn't been seen :P I'm guessing it's the MIDP, since as far as I can tell, the MPP is consistently 2nd week of March.

And not to burst your bubble, but one acceptance will not a human make. I feel like I've gotten crazier because now I expect to know everything... although, my acceptances haven't included funding info, nor have there been any online status changes, so it doesn't really feel official.

I want to find out about American EPGA so badly! I will let you know what they say about notification dates !

I feel like I've gotten crazier because now I expect to know everything

This is so true. The two schools I have left to hear from are traditionally pretty close to the March 15th standard. But that doesn't stop me from checking this site multiple times a day to see whats going on. Probably border line unhealthy. I'm sure I'm in good company though, haha.

On an unrelated note - it looks like AU [MPA] is rolling out admissions notifications little by little, since the survey doesn't show mass updating but rather some pretty sporadic postings. Does anyone know when they announce financial aid decisions?

Edited by K.Ash

This is so true. The two schools I have left to hear from are traditionally pretty close to the March 15th standard. But that doesn't stop me from checking this site multiple times a day to see whats going on. Probably border line unhealthy. I'm sure I'm in good company though, haha.

On an unrelated note - it looks like AU [MPA] is rolling out admissions notifications little by little, since the survey doesn't show mass updating but rather some pretty sporadic postings. Does anyone know when they announce financial aid decisions?

march 15th, they said.

Just got into Durham University SGIA (MA International Relations specializing in Middle East). No word on funding, though I heard that they don't often fund taught masters students in the UK. Such a cheap alternative to the American or even London schools...

Just acepted to Georgetown's MPP... no word on funding yet. Also, accepted to American SPA's MPP in late January.

When did you apply to Georgetown's MPP? I also applied to the program but I'm still waiting :( I was also accepted at SPA's MPP. I'm still waiting on 5 schools but who knows, maybe will see each other in the fall!!!!

When did you apply to Georgetown's MPP? I also applied to the program but I'm still waiting :( I was also accepted at SPA's MPP. I'm still waiting on 5 schools but who knows, maybe will see each other in the fall!!!!

I submitted my application on January 15th but I don't think my transcripts went in until a week later. I was looking through some old forums earlier though and people last year continued to recieve acceptance letters through mid-late March so I wouldn't panic yet! That's great about SPA. Perhaps we will run into eachother (probably unknowingly haha).

Finally got my notification from Cornell CIPA with 10k/year! Also got my acceptance notification from The Institute of World Politics in DC and got recommended for presidential scholarship (full tuition and living stipend-$$$!) Too happy today since I am sick with bronchitis, laryngitis, and sinusitis all at once right now.

Finally got my notification from Cornell CIPA with 10k/year! Also got my acceptance notification from The Institute of World Politics in DC and got recommended for presidential scholarship (full tuition and living stipend-$$$!) Too happy today since I am sick with bronchitis, laryngitis, and sinusitis all at once right now.

Congrats ... on all the admits! With a signature line like yours, you gotta tell us, what is the secret ingredient?