Official Admitted Thread

Just got accepted to LBJ MPAff.

For any out of state people going to or thinking about going to UT, I can guarantee its an amazing university and city. I went to UT for undergrad. Best 4 years of my life!

Accepted to LBJ - MGPS, also given in-state tuition and $1000 waiver. Still hard to beat a full ride to Georgetown, but would likely save money living in Austin... I went for the Open House in November and loved it. Gonna be some long talks in our household, I think ;)

Accepted to LBJ - MGPS, also given in-state tuition and $1000 waiver. Still hard to beat a full ride to Georgetown, but would likely save money living in Austin... I went for the Open House in November and loved it. Gonna be some long talks in our household, I think ;)

Congrats! We'll see in a week or so if I get in to UT-LBJ MGPS because I applied to the Charles B. Rangel Graduate Fellowship they extend the deadline until March 15th w/ scholarship/fellowship consideration and I am waiting on my final recommendation to email the Mr. Yeary that my app is complete! Congrats! :D

Congrats! We'll see in a week or so if I get in to UT-LBJ MGPS because I applied to the Charles B. Rangel Graduate Fellowship they extend the deadline until March 15th w/ scholarship/fellowship consideration and I am waiting on my final recommendation to email the Mr. Yeary that my app is complete! Congrats! :D

Thanks! I'm kind of in shock after the past two days... never actually thought I'd have a choice!

Thanks! I'm kind of in shock after the past two days... never actually thought I'd have a choice!

Ha, you rocked it! Congrats, where did you do Peace Corps btw? I plan to do it with my spouse (when I actually have one) as our mid-life experience instead of crisis.

Ha, you rocked it! Congrats, where did you do Peace Corps btw? I plan to do it with my spouse (when I actually have one) as our mid-life experience instead of crisis.

Azerbaijan. Loved it, but so glad to be home. Peace Corps is definitely something I recommend - gives life a whole new perspective :)

I've been in Panama on vacation and just returned to the Internet today...

I was accepted to LBJ MPAff with a full fellowship. Beyond my wildest dreams - I don't even know what to say.

Except yes, of course.

Received Admission to LBJ MPA (Full fellowship) and UCLA MPP (No funding info yet). I am still waiting for the University of Michigan Ford school and University of Washington Evans.

Does any one knows how strong LBJ may be compared to UCLA? Pros and cons about each?

I'm originally from So Cal so I took a hard look at USC and UCLA. When looking at international policy coursework and faculty, I was much more impressed with LBJ than Luskin. There seems to be a depth and breadth in international affairs at LBJ that Luskin lacked. I think that can be attributed to the fact that LBJ has the MGPS program that adds quite a bit of variety in coursework. I found Luskin's coursework to be much more comparative in nature. So ultimately, I didn't apply. But of course, if you are interested in another field or see your career staying stateside, there are certainly other factors to consider. Hope that helps.

I'm originally from So Cal so I took a hard look at USC and UCLA. When looking at international policy coursework and faculty, I was much more impressed with LBJ than Luskin. There seems to be a depth and breadth in international affairs at LBJ that Luskin lacked. I think that can be attributed to the fact that LBJ has the MGPS program that adds quite a bit of variety in coursework. I found Luskin's coursework to be much more comparative in nature. So ultimately, I didn't apply. But of course, if you are interested in another field or see your career staying stateside, there are certainly other factors to consider. Hope that helps.

Can I ask why you decided not to apply to USC as well? I've had trouble finding relevant LBJ data on internship/job placement (I want a school with strong international placement as well), but I saw that USC seems to send people to all the relevant international development consultancy firms, think tanks, and NGOs fairly regularly. Am I wrong?