Official Admitted Thread

Can I ask why you decided not to apply to USC as well? I've had trouble finding relevant LBJ data on internship/job placement (I want a school with strong international placement as well), but I saw that USC seems to send people to all the relevant international development consultancy firms, think tanks, and NGOs fairly regularly. Am I wrong?

Well I am actually a lifelong Trojan fan. So I really considered USC. I visited a couple of years ago and thought the facilities were nice, the people were friendly, and the program seemed great. But I just didn't feel like it was the right fit for me. There weren't any faculty members working on topics that interested me and none of the students I came across seemed to share my academic interests either. I'm not sure if that's still indicative of the program as it's changed some since. But old feelings die hard. So I simply passed.

Hi everyone,

If I still do not hear from GW' MPA program and GPPI's MPP (although I submitted my application in late December), does it mean rejections from both? Thanks so much in advance.

I haven't heard from GPPI's MPP either :(

I just got accepted to UPitt GSPIA!!! Got an email saying to check my application. The letter said funding information is coming later.

Congrats! Although GSPIA isn't talked about much on this forum and isn't particularly high on rankings, I am really interested in the school. I visited in the fall (a friend is a current MID student) and really felt like it could be the right place for me. If you don't have a 'do or die' attitude towards a career in D.C., I think its a great option.

Now that my last two schools have started sending out notices, I'm feeling a bit anxious! I heard pretty early for my other three, I just want to know (and, preferably, have someone fork over some cash!).

Congratulations! Which program did you apply for?

Just got an email - admitted to the MPIA (Global Political Economy focus). Wahoo! One to go... lookin at you, Wagner!

Same here. I just got the email tonight. Are you attending their April 2 open house?

I plan on going to the April 2nd open house. I just have to drive about 5-6 hours. Are you?

I haven't heard from GPPI's MPP either :(

I submitted my application a few days ago (yeah, I missed the financial aid opportunity, so if I get in I'll need to start buying lottery tickets daily). The final deadline to apply is April 2nd according to the email. I know they are totally swamped with over 1200 MPP apps to review so I wouldn't worry until late March.

I submitted my application a few days ago (yeah, I missed the financial aid opportunity, so if I get in I'll need to start buying lottery tickets daily). The final deadline to apply is April 2nd according to the email. I know they are totally swamped with over 1200 MPP apps to review so I wouldn't worry until late March.

Thanks!!! I applied on January 15 and was hoping for some financial aid. I think I'm going to give it 2 more weeks before (completely) panicking !!!!!

Rejected at UVA today

Really really suprised considering I've already been admitted at places like GW and American

which department at GW (I suppose this is George Washington!) have you been admitted to?

Rachel: What do you want to study? Domestic/international? Etc. I went to Uoregon as an undergraduate, and was a teaching assistant for an econ class that saw MPA students enroll. The students were nice, and bright, but didn't take my breath away. It seems many students take a fair number of classes with undergrads (like the class that I was TA-ing.

Of your list of MPP/MPA schools, I think UCLA hands down has the reputation as a better school overall. That's where I'd go. Do you know about funding?

I've heard Evan used to be stronger, but it's still a decent regionally strong program. So if you want to work in Seattle/WA, that could be a good choice.

The Evans School is small, well connected, and growing! I think it's a great choice. They are especially strong in Non-Profit Managemnet and Social Policy. But it's really an MPA school, so if you are looking for Public Policy, UCLA would be better.

I finally gave in and emailed Tennessee about funding. Apparently, they're not giving any funding to MPA/MPP students, so I'm looking forward to declining that offer :P Trying to figure out the best email that is both tactful and kind of "I can't believe you didn't offer me money when highly ranked schools did" .... it's the little things in life, haha