Official Admitted Thread

I was sent an email about 4 hours ago, telling me to check the website.

Hopefully it's in alphabetical order or something like that and when I wake up tomorrow I will have an email too! I'll update you when I wake up -___- (scared but too sick to stay awake any longer)

Congratulations fenderpete, Rose, and bgreenster! I didn't get anything yet, but hopefully I won't have to wait too long now. Crossing my fingers for some funding too! Good luck to everyone else...

Thanks! Good luck!

Hopefully it's in alphabetical order or something like that and when I wake up tomorrow I will have an email too! I'll update you when I wake up -___- (scared but too sick to stay awake any longer)

I hope you do too! As you can probably deduce, I'm fairly early in the alphabet :P Although there doesn't seem to be much rhyme nor reason to these darn adcoms. I hope you get to wake up to awesome news in the morning - feel better!

Seems that the NYU Wagner decisions are coming out - got in earlier today! Anyone else hear back from them? I have heard they are quite stingy with funding though so anxious to hear about that in the next few days...

I'm still waiting to hear back from Wagner. They are supposedly completely revamping their aid system so maybe they will give out more now? Either way, congrats! Hopefully I hear back soon...

My surname is in the first four letters of the alphabet, so it may well be alphabetical.

Can you tell me how much is the stipend?

I am also an international student and aiming for DC.

I want to compare it with my scholarship's stipend from the World Bank.

I don't think it's by alphabet - i'm not near the beginning. i think they're just releasing decisions as they make them, which depends on where your application is in the pile, what program, etc. Probably has more to do with when you applied than anything.

I also haven't seen any rejections. I think they're waiting to release rejections until they have a better idea of how many people will be accepting their initial offers

I'm still waiting to hear back from Wagner. They are supposedly completely revamping their aid system so maybe they will give out more now? Either way, congrats! Hopefully I hear back soon...

I'm waiting too! i hope this revamp also includes earlier notification. After reading these boards it looks like they give you about 2 weeks to decide with very little information and a request for a $1,000 deposit :wacko:

admitted to UT-Austin LBJ, woot! Out-of-state tuition waiver and $1k stipend. Was hoping for something more substantial, but the cost of living is low and even at full pop $10k in tuition isn't so bad. Planning on applying for the MBA dual degree during the first semester if I go to LBJ.

admitted to UT-Austin LBJ, woot! Out-of-state tuition waiver and $1k stipend. Was hoping for something more substantial, but the cost of living is low and even at full pop $10k in tuition isn't so bad. Planning on applying for the MBA dual degree during the first semester if I go to LBJ.

Congrats! I visited Austin a few months ago to check out the MBA and MPA programs. Ended up not applying for family reasons, but it would be a fantastic place to go to school, no doubt.

Congrats @godlessgael! Did you apply to the MPAff program or the MGPS?

MGPS. My wife was also accepted yesterday for a Ph.D. in Education at Austin, so an excellent option.

Even at $10k, it is going to be hard to match financially unless I get a full ride somewhere (unlikely).

For American SIS - I applied to the International Econ Relations program and haven't heard either. I submitted my application on the last day...my last name is at the end of the alphabet. I'm an American applicant - are those that received decisions all international?

It seems like everyone from USC MPA has already heard back?

Is this a bad sign that I still haven't heard from them? and the status hasn't changed on the application page either? :/

I don't think so, the results page from last year showed acceptances up until April. You could always email the school and ask when they think you might be hearing?