Acceptances/Rejections/Decisions

sociology27

I'm semi-waiting on UCLA - I'm assuming that it's a rejection though. The thing I really wonder about is why there was a dribble of acceptances, a short wait list and NOTHING else. It sounds like all the decisions have been made - at least they could send out firm rejections!

Is anyone still waiting to hear from programs? As we approach march (and I know April 15th is the National deadline for funding), I wonder how many people are still waiting to hear and settle on programs.

I've only heard from 3 programs, and I applied to 7. I guess that doesn't look so good. So far, 2 rejections and 1 waitlist. No acceptances yet... and at this moment, I am thinking there may not be any.

Is anyone still waiting to hear from programs? As we approach march (and I know April 15th is the National deadline for funding), I wonder how many people are still waiting to hear and settle on programs.

I'm still waiting to hear from Johns Hopkins (which I assume is a rejection) and Temple (which I think I have a decent shot at). I'm waiting to hear about funding before making a final decision because although I have a preference I really don't want to go into massive student debt again. Already been there and done that.

I still have nothing from Northwestern... And UBC/Toronto, but they are on a different timeline. Northwestern really bugs me though. Why can't they just make it official?

I'm still waiting to hear from Johns Hopkins (which I assume is a rejection) and Temple (which I think I have a decent shot at). I'm waiting to hear about funding before making a final decision because although I have a preference I really don't want to go into massive student debt again. Already been there and done that.

I'm also waiting for Temple. Think it's my last chance and I'm hoping I have a good chance. It's the only Soc program I haven't heard from yet (have an assumed rejection from UMD's WGS program)... but yea just reallllly want Temple or I'll be reapplying for Fall 2013. I applied to 5 (not enough clearly) and got rejected from 3

I'm also waiting for Temple. Think it's my last chance and I'm hoping I have a good chance. It's the only Soc program I haven't heard from yet (have an assumed rejection from UMD's WGS program)... but yea just reallllly want Temple or I'll be reapplying for Fall 2013. I applied to 5 (not enough clearly) and got rejected from 3

As soon as I posted this I see that someone posted a Temple acceptance with funding! Who wants to claim it?!?!?

Rejected from UCLA - as predicted! That leaves just two of the schools I'm more excited about - but I'm about ready to pull on a Nittany Lion sweatshirt.

Oh jeez, I just saw a bunch of UPenn results on the survey, and haven't heard either way from UPenn. Back to tearing out my hair and making a Edvard Munch face.

Edited by SocHope

I still haven't heard from University of Washington or Northeastern. I am thinking they will be rejections though. I am also waiting on a final decision for Washington State, as I am waitlisted there. I know Washington and Northeastern have already sent out their acceptances, so I don't understand why they just don't send out rejections too!

So far - Rejected: California Riverside, Oregon. Accepted: Kentucky, Texas A&M, University of Utah. Waiting: Washington, Washington State, and Northeastern