Accepted to Peabody - Master's

robo24wolverine

They said that they send out letters about scholarships in early March.  So I'm just going to have to sit tight and see what happens there.  When people start hearing about scholarships would they mind posting here?  I think this part is worse than waiting on acceptances!

I was notified that I received a 2/3 Peabody Honors Scholarship on January 23, in the same email in which I was accepted.  Completely unexpected and exciting!!

I was notified that I received a 2/3 Peabody Honors Scholarship on January 23, in the same email in which I was accepted.  Completely unexpected and exciting!!

Congrats on getting a 2/3 scholarship so early!  I was accepted to the M. Ed. Higher Ed. Admin program so maybe each group does it a little differently...I hope at least, because there's no way I could swing Vanderbilt if I don't get any sort of aid!

Congrats on getting a 2/3 scholarship so early!  I was accepted to the M. Ed. Higher Ed. Admin program so maybe each group does it a little differently...I hope at least, because there's no way I could swing Vanderbilt if I don't get any sort of aid!

Yeah I haven't heard of any of the Higher Ed people receiving aid yet on these forums. Keeping my fingers crossed!

I haven't heard anything about aid yet either for MPP.   I really want to go though so I'm definitely hoping something comes through.  Also, no kidding about eating your way through the weekend OhLaLaSam!  I felt like my SWEATPANTS were tight on the way home!!!

haha seriously! I think I'm going to gain 500 pounds over the next two years. I hope the gym facilities are nice because I'll probably have to spend a lot of time there to counteract all the fried chicken and biscuits I'll be eating.

I haven't heard any financial aid news for the Higher Ed program yet, either. Hpefully it'll come sooner, rather than later. Congratulations to everyone else who has already received that information! I'm crossing my fingers for all of us (myself included!)

@Breakonthrough007 - Good luck to you too!  The program does sound excellent, in part due to the great group of students.  Hopefully I'll be seeing you in a few months.  :)

@OhLaLaSam - Thank you!  I'm still waiting to recieve the letter (which they said is coming today).  I'm excited but now it's all about financial aid and assistantships and the like.  I'm hoping to visit next month, looking forward to eating a TON (and checking out running paths of course...)

@Breakonthrough007 - If you haven't heard anything yet, call the admissions office.  They are super nice!  Hope it's good news for you as well!!

So excited for everyone!!! As I drive through the remnants of yesterday's Chicago blizzard, I am loving noticing that it's gonna be in the 60s in Nashville this weekend, too.  Oh Nashville... so wonderful you are.  

Just wish I'd hear about some money!!!!

I was notified today that I received a 1/3 Dean's Tuition Scholarship. However, I was accepted into a different program than everyone posting--Reading Education--so I don't know if this means more people will start receiving letters of awards.

I was also really excited to receive a Peabody Honors Scholarship. I had heard this via email in January, and I got a copy in the mail today. However, when reading the details I read that you are required to maintain a 3.75 GPA to maintain this scholarship. This sounds pretty daunting. Does anyone have any idea about what the grading breakdown is like at Peabody or how managable this would be?

@OhLaLaSam - It's OK.  I am nervous too.  Keep sharing that endowment Peabody.... you know you love us....
I'm in the same boat. Haven't heard anything yet. Trying to stay positive! Congrats to those who have received scholarships!

They sent me an e-mail, and told me that they were also sending it in the mail. I was not at visitation day... Does anyone have any insight into how difficult it is to get a graduate assistantship?