The Silence is Killing Me!

abrayto1

I'm applying for the MSt at Oxford in international human rights law. I have an international law certificate from law school, but it hasn't been of great help to my job search. The MSt is just part-time and online except for in the summer, so it's sort of perfect for working on the side. What are you trying for?

Human rights law is definitely a tough field to break into, so good luck. Hopefully the Oxford degree would set you apart.

I'm going for an environmental policy PhD, already did a post-JD masters in the subject. Unfortunately I still have no professional experience in the field so hoping research experience and contacts I make will help me with that.

Columbia is the one I want most... and the one I haven't heard back from yet. Of course they have ignored my email and voicemail!

Is this program connected to the history department by any chance?

One of my schools updated my financial aid info, but there's some quirky stuff with it. This finally gave me a legitimate reason to contact the program without having to inquire about my status. Maybe they'll include that information in their response. Between graduation, not hearing from anywhere, homework, etc., my nerves are just about shot. There should be a post-application season rehab program. :huh:

LOL! Totally agree! :lol:

Hang in there. I am still waiting to hear from UConn... :huh:

Not that this site isn't like desperate grad applicants anonymous as it is. I'm going to need at least a week of cognitive reboot after this is over.

At least I know I'm not alone! Hang in there...they have to respond some time!

There goes the stereotype that all Canadians are polite. Way to go Canadian grad schools!