The Silence is Killing Me!

abrayto1

Not that this site isn't like desperate grad applicants anonymous as it is. I'm going to need at least a week of cognitive reboot after this is over.

You bet! After all this is over (and with the best results for all of us, I hope), I am going to need some paradisiac vacations. B)

It's not only cognitive reboot! In my case, I will have to put on all the weight I have lost in the last month. I am skinny, so if I keep on loosing weight this way I will become invisible (for real! Not in this virtual way forums and grad school make us feel)!

I'm waiting to hear about a job and about school. And no real deadline for the school! The site says "mid-May," but from what I've seen online, most people in previous years have heard in the first or second weeks of April. And people are meeting today about giving me a job but I haven't heard anything, and it's inching towards quitting time on the East Coast...WAITING SUCKS. Hang in there everyone!

In my case, I will have to put on all the weight I have lost in the last month. I am skinny, so if I keep on loosing weight this way I will become invisible (for real! Not in this virtual way forums and grad school make us feel)!

Hmmm... I kinda wish that were my problem. Wanna borrow some weight to lose? :lol:

I am so happy April Fool's day falls on a Sunday!

Heh, me too. Could you imagine?

"Congratulations, please log into ... to confirm your acceptance."

And then the webpage reads:

"April Fools, Loser!"

I just got an email from one of the schools that rejected me saying that they sent me a letter that I'd been waitlisted ....but it was a mistake so I should ignore it.

Funny, I received no such letter but thanks for the double rejection anyways :blink:

I just got an email from one of the schools that rejected me saying that they sent me a letter that I'd been waitlisted ....but it was a mistake so I should ignore it.

Funny, I received no such letter but thanks for the double rejection anyways :blink:

Hang in there buddy!

Hello everyone!

Does anyone have any "happy ending" stories about being accepted off a waitlist? I sure could use one! I am waitlisted at 3/4 schools I applied to (U of Maryland, U of Washington, San Diego State). I am waiting to hear back from the last school about my status (Cal State Northridge). Northridge claims they announce the first week of April.

Is it typical for schools to wait until April 15th to make another round of cuts? I will need to relocate for all of these schools. Considering I have a husband, a child in elementary school, and a house to deal with I am freaking out about the longer it takes for a decision, the shorter the time I have to uproot my life. I was hoping to have known two months ago!

Hello everyone!

Does anyone have any "happy ending" stories about being accepted off a waitlist? I sure could use one! I am waitlisted at 3/4 schools I applied to (U of Maryland, U of Washington, San Diego State). I am waiting to hear back from the last school about my status (Cal State Northridge). Northridge claims they announce the first week of April.

Is it typical for schools to wait until April 15th to make another round of cuts? I will need to relocate for all of these schools. Considering I have a husband, a child in elementary school, and a house to deal with I am freaking out about the longer it takes for a decision, the shorter the time I have to uproot my life. I was hoping to have known two months ago!

I can always give you the "I heard about a guy who know this girl's brother's whose best friend's sister in law" variety of a story if you want?

I'm in something of a similar solution. I haven't been wait-listed, but none of the five schools I have applied to have made their decisions yet...I also have a family with our two little ones in daycare and kindergarten so arrangements will need to be made for that. I can't offer any advice, but just know you aren't alone! Its crazy not knowing what state you will be in a few months down the road isn't it? Hopefully these schools will all make their decisions within the next week.

As for the waitlist part it seems that on the results search there are quite a few people getting accepted off of waitlists. I would assume around now is when everyone is making their final decisions on where they are going and giving notice to other schools so they can make new offers. There is most certainly still hope:)

Sooo what do we do now? Email all the programs we haven't heard from and ask what the deal is?

that is a very good question ... I keep flip flopping on this

And what if we've already called the program we applied to several weeks ago and they said "you should hear in a couple weeks"? Because I think it's probably overkill if I call again... and this is the only program I've applied to, so I can't even use the excuse of informing another program!

And what if we've already called the program we applied to several weeks ago and they said "you should hear in a couple weeks"? Because I think it's probably overkill if I call again... and this is the only program I've applied to, so I can't even use the excuse of informing another program!

how do they know it's the only program you applied to? Not advocating dishonesty but withholding information or leading that school to think there are other suitors other isn't necessarily wrong. If I was in a similar position, I would really consider that option :ph34r:

Since April 15 is Sunday,do you guys think these schools should respond back by Friday April 13? Or do you guys think some of these admission folks will work through weekend sending out rejections/acceptances, etc? I haven't heard of anyone receiving notifications during weekends, so... just wondering...