The Silence is Killing Me!

abrayto1

Yup, FSU & FAMU for Architecture and Urban Planning

The waiting is killing me. Feels like my soul is beginning to rot out..

Well once Thursday rolls around just go on down to Bullwinkles (if it's still there) to fix what ails you!

I'm convinced that there is something wrong with my email. Paranoia at its finest.

LMAO, you're not the only one. I had to comment on this because I can relate so much! I actually unsubscribed to the few email services/companies I had sending emails to the account I use for schools and business so I wouldn't jump and get excited every time I got an email about compasses being on sale.

Ha. I never in my life thought I would check my spam folder this much. For both of my email accounts, no less.

I feel like there's a joke about the University of Hawaii to be made here

The agony is over! Yesterday afternoon I received an email from the director of graduate admission offering me admission with assistantship! Hooray! :lol:

Wish you all the very best. Good luck! And if something does not work the way you would like, do not give up! Keep on fighting! This was my third application attempt (not to this institution, though). Stay strong because someone will understand your real value.

Cheers!

The agony is over! Yesterday afternoon I received an email from the director of graduate admission offering me admission with assistantship! Hooray! :lol:

Wish you all the very best. Good luck! And if something does not work the way you would like, do not give up! Keep on fighting! This was my third application attempt (not to this institution, though). Stay strong because someone will understand your real value.

Cheers!

Big congratulations to you!!! Waiting until the very end does pay off after all :) Congrats again!

Big congratulations to you!!! Waiting until the very end does pay off after all :) Congrats again!

Thanks!! Yes, I guess it pays off. But still, they should not make us suffer this much. Wish you the best of luck for those 3 you are still waiting to hear from.

Thanks!! Yes, I guess it pays off. But still, they should not make us suffer this much. Wish you the best of luck for those 3 you are still waiting to hear from.

Thanks, I guess I should update my signature sometime, haha... I actually heard from all of the 8 schools early this week, and few days ago I finally made a decision to accept one of the admission offers :) But I agree, it's cruel for many grad schools to make us suffer this much.

Edited by FoggyAnhinga

Cheers!

Amen and amen! Good luck!

Yikes, essentially waitlisted at my other top choice. That just leaves one (unless a miracle happens). I may allow myself to freak out a little now.

Yikes, essentially waitlisted at my other top choice. That just leaves one (unless a miracle happens). I may allow myself to freak out a little now.

Same here. One waitlist, and the other... well, I have a small reason to hope, but at this point who knows? The absolute silence is unnerving.

I had a mini breakdown a week or so ago. I may have another one soon though... I'm trying to mentally prep myself not to be too discouraged if nothing comes through and tell myself that there's next year. It's hard.

Wow glad to know I'm not the only one in this predicament! I have two schools I have yet to get a decision from: Georgetown and Columbia. I know I'm wait-listed at Georgetown (found out at the end of March), and I guess I'm supposed to find out about that soon. But I haven't heard a peep from Columbia, and they've both accepted and rejected people in my program according to the results survey. So nerve-wracking! I should call to find out what the heck is going on but I desperately want to hold onto that last glimmer of hope...

Good luck to all, I hope everyone gets into all their top choices! Based on the other posts I've read, sometimes no news is good news so keep your chin up!

It was a quiet weekend for me too. I'm only waiting to hear back from one program, but when they waitlisted me they said "all decisions will be made by April 15," which has obviously passed. And Patriots Day is a pseudo-holiday in Massachusetts so I didn't hear anything yesterday. So that means I'll definitely hear something today. Right? Right!?

Just as I was about to submit this, I got an email with the decision. I got in off the waitlist. So happy right now. Can't believe it. Good luck to everyone else :)