The Silence is Killing Me!

abrayto1

...i didn't say it so you could like it!

not stepping into your religious establishment now ... I feel very unwelcome ... however if you were an imam that preaches from the Torah about prosperity gospel then I'd TOTALLY sign up for your wacky new age stuff and allow you to make me feel even more unwelcomed

not stepping into your religious establishment now ... I feel very unwelcome ... however if you were an imam that preaches from the Torah about prosperity gospel then I'd TOTALLY sign up for your wacky new age stuff and allow you to make me feel even more unwelcomed

*THUD* That was the sound of me falling over laughing. Well done, sir.

*THUD* That was the sound of me falling over laughing. Well done, sir.

They could ask around informally to see what the status is if they are in the department or if they know someone in the department

They could ask around informally to see what the status is if they are in the department or if they know someone in the department

kk,i would try that.

thanks.

Good luck with your other applications

No communication here, also. The mixture of disappointment, pessimism, and a teeeeesy bit of hope is driving me crazy. I can't go twenty minutes without checking my e-mail.

PREACH!

Keep hope.

My sister's roommate in college got accepted to a fully-funded PhD program in psychology in MAY. (They had to wait on funding.)

Until all the schools have rejected, all is not lost.

(That being said... I NEEEED to know. NOW. Iwillnevergetinandwillliveinasmellyboxwithnofriendsforever.)

I just checked to see if my phone was still working because I haven't gotten ANY emails in a couple hours. It is.

This madness has GOT to stop. Thank goodness I'm working tonight (you know it's bad if I'm saying that).

I just checked to see if my phone was still working because I haven't gotten ANY emails in a couple hours. It is. This madness has GOT to stop. Thank goodness I'm working tonight (you know it's bad if I'm saying that).

Amen sister ... now time to go back to the mailbox and perch myself out w/my sleeping bag, tent, and food ... to wait out the post man for tomorrow!

All I can think right now is that of the 4/5 schools that I am still waiting for them to hear from the first round of acceptances to hear back from. And with that they have an idea of how many spots they still have to offer. I am just hoping that it is more spots rather then less for my sake.

Apparently my silence is driving my grandmother crazy. According to my dad she has been obsessively checking my Facebook because she's convinced I won't tell her where I'm going (because I don't know yet, Grandma!) It's just compounding her fear that the family will never be together again (never mind that fact her parents and her husband were immigrants and left their own families, and my brother saying he will move back to the area after college.)

I just checked to see if my phone was still working because I haven't gotten ANY emails in a couple hours. It is.

This madness has GOT to stop. Thank goodness I'm working tonight (you know it's bad if I'm saying that).

hahahaha xD!i know what you mean. I havent gotten any emails since a couple of DAYSS. this is driving me crazy.

:(

still 10/12 not replied...this simply freaks me out

Ten options sounds pretty comforting to me. I've still only heard from 1/4 Clearly, they're taking their time. I don't know if this is good, bad, or just a reflection of how busy they are.

Ten options sounds pretty comforting to me. I've still only heard from 1/4 Clearly, they're taking their time. I don't know if this is good, bad, or just a reflection of how busy they are.

It's nerve wracking is what it is. At 1/6 (and a rejection at that), I feel your pain.

It's nerve wracking is what it is. At 1/6 (and a rejection at that), I feel your pain.

In the vein of the "keep a word, drop a word" thread, maybe we should just start writing acceptance letters to each other. You know, from the University of Stress Relief or something. :P