Wait listing is NOT the end!

Thanks guys! I really believe if this works out for me, it'll be because of the collective good vibes from my fellow GFers!

GuateamFeminist--his exact words were they're waiting and pressuring people to get back to them, but that's all he can say at this point. The suspense!

It's so fortunate that I'm on spring break right now. There is no way I'd be able to concentrate on anything otherwise. I was able to get a bunch of research done for a final paper done this week. Anyone know much about dream-vision in literature and its relation to social commentary? I'm doing something on Bellamy and Twain...

Heard back from my DGS.

I'm at the top of the list in my field.

I'm exhilarated and terrified.

Aaaaaah Thunderpaws!!!!! That's great to hear! I so hope you get it - I'd feel vindicated in some way :P YOU'RE SO CLOSE! Aaaah!

*crosses all possibly crossable appendages* Sending you all my luck! I sure don't need it this weekend :P

Last year, on April 13th, I got one of the happiest phone calls of my life. I was able to celebrate that call on last year's version of this thread. I'm holding onto happy thoughts for everyone still waiting, and I hope that y'all get good news on 4/13 as well. Good luck! It DOES happen!

I just found old Saved By The Bell episodes on Netflix... I feel like I've been saved... by the bell.

Edit: I'm about to watch the one about the SATs where Jessie is trying to get into "Stansbury."

"Harvard is the Stansbury of the East..."

Edited by TripWillis

OH MY GOD, I left my phone at home today.

This is so totally unacceptable. SHAME ON ME.

(P.S. I remember actually thinking Stansbury = Stanford when I was a kid.)

Oh, dear, I'm sorry. Although, maybe it will be liberating? Wishful thinking.

Heard back from my DGS.

I'm at the top of the list in my field.

I'm exhilarated and terrified.

What's your field? I sent in my "no" for Modernism a few minutes after you posted, so that could be good for you!

It was an amazing visit and I wish I could go to ALL THE SCHOOLS at once.

I'm in! UT-A hurray! It looks like I'm gonna be a Longhorn... I want to call and make sure about the funding (they said full funding, but right now I feel like I'm dreaming!)

Congrats! There's hope for all of us yet! This is going to be a terrifying and awesome thread to follow the next three days. B)

Congrats to both Wikichic and GuateAmfeminist!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D I think it's great so many GFers are getting in!

I think Trip's right about this being an exhilarating and terrifying thread for the next few days.

Hazelbite--alas, I declared women, gender and lit at UTA! But hey, you never know how these departments play out. Congrats on Harvard, by the way!

I'm in at Johns Hopkins history program! So, so excited. I hope you guys get news back soon- I was just ready to hear something either way. I feel thankful for the opportunity I've been given, especially because I expected universal rejections this year. I lost my Dad on Thanksgiving day unexpectedly, and have had a really tough year personally and academically. He was the first one I wanted to call when I found out. I think he pulled on some heart strings for me- Thanks Dad!!!

Edited by wikichic

I need a good way of distracting myself. What is everyone else doing -- if anything -- to make this weekend less awful?

Alcohol and Saved By The Bell.

BTW: I love your Dowager Countess avatar. I need something like that.

Edited by TripWillis

Trip, stop posting in this thread!! Every time I see that you have, I get all excited that you've finally heard back. :P

* edit to say that this is a joke, of course, and I'm just really rooting for you!

Edited by pelevinfan

I cracked and followed up with the DGS with a short, hyper-polite email requesting some (any!) news of the ongoing situation. Hopefully he doesn't take that as a cue to toss me in the reject pile. We'll see. ¬_¬

I'm in! UT-A hurray! It looks like I'm gonna be a Longhorn... I want to call and make sure about the funding (they said full funding, but right now I feel like I'm dreaming!)

Hooray! I'm so happy for you!

Just heard back. No further news. I probably will have to wait at least until the 16th if not more. If anyone is still debating their U. Iowa Film Studies decision, I don't want to rush you, but anytime last minute would be great to let them know! :ph34r:

I just got accepted off the waitlist at Syracuse with 5 years of funding. Would it be rude to ask the DGS what the stipend is when I've already accepted an offer elsewhere?

Probably.

I just want to minimize regret but if the stipend is much better than the 4 years offered at Ohio State, I might implode.