I see someone got into the English PhD at the Harvard GSD, Yale Architecture, and Princeton Architecture all at the same time! Congrats to that person! :huh:

(furiously changes research interests to building a hart crane-inspired house)

(furiously changes research interests to building a hart crane-inspired house)

(considers doing the same)

(shrugs and continues working on his barely coherent thesis on Hart Crane (!) in a tiny study carrel on the top floor of a deathly silent library)

Okay, so I'm starting to think that the notifications just flew under the gradcafe radar. Only one post last friday and nothing since... granted, the post could've been a hoax, but I dunno. We might just be in the dark.

Then again, a lot of people on here who have been accepted into competitive programs also applied to Harvard, so I'd be surprised if not one person on this board heard anything. Hmm.

If trolls are gonna troll, they're probably gonna choose a school like Harvard. On the other hand, when you really think about it, if a typical cohort 8-12 people, it wouldn't be that odd if none of the admits were on here.

My vote is for hoax. Or, alternatively, a prof who knows he'll be working with a particular applicant happened to go off the reservation and call that person up. In any event, there's absolutely no reason anybody should get discouraged.

I mean, at this point I really don't care much anymore. It's obvious to me that I'm not a good fit with Harvard, and would only go because it's f-ing Harvard. That combined with the unlikelihood of acceptance = me being very much over it.

Now, if I were 0-8 at this point... God, can you imagine the tension and despair?

I mean, at this point I really don't care much anymore. It's obvious to me that I'm not a good fit with Harvard, and would only go because it's f-ing Harvard. That combined with the unlikelihood of acceptance = me being very much over it.

Now, if I were 0-8 at this point... God, can you imagine the tension and despair?

I'm 0 for like 9 right now, and it's my second year applying, so really it's like 0 for 19. I can attest that the tension and despair is unimaginable. F-ing Harvard...

I'm 0 and 4 right now, which has made me virtually disregard any possible chance of an acceptance from Harvard. Everyone keeps saying, "But you still have to hear from Harvard and Northeastern," and I'm like, "Oh yeah..." I've pretty much put Harvard out of my mind. It's not happening.

I'm 0 and 4 right now, which has made me virtually disregard any possible chance of an acceptance from Harvard. Everyone keeps saying, "But you still have to hear from Harvard and Northeastern," and I'm like, "Oh yeah..." I've pretty much put Harvard out of my mind. It's not happening.

It could B) And Northeastern could definitely happen!

It could B) And Northeastern could definitely happen!

I suppose it's possible. The thing is, despite the fact that I've given up hope for getting into a PhD program this year, I do believe in myself. I know I would make an amazing professor, and it's my dream, so there's no way in hell I'm giving up. I'm just realizing that my application wasn't as competitive as I had hoped this time around, and I'll just need to work that much harder next year.

I suppose it's possible. The thing is, despite the fact that I've given up hope for getting into a PhD program this year, I do believe in myself. I know I would make an amazing professor, and it's my dream, so there's no way in hell I'm giving up. I'm just realizing that my application wasn't as competitive as I had hoped this time around, and I'll just need to work that much harder next year.

You'll definitely get it at some point. If you don't get in this year, get in touch with me later in the year if you want a peer reader for your SoP/Writing Sample. Can't promise I'll have time, but would like to help others.

You'll definitely get it at some point. If you don't get in this year, get in touch with me later in the year if you want a peer reader for your SoP/Writing Sample. Can't promise I'll have time, but would like to help others.

I'll tell you: when I applied in subsequent years, I realized all the mistakes I had made the first time. It was like night and day. Nothing could have been better practice and education for me than the process of applying in the first place.

When people say this, it almost makes me wish I had one more year to really perfect everything I am sending and get into, like, Yale. But, whatever. I definitely have nothing to complain about whatsoever.

Seriously, another day, and not a peep? I thought we'd hear something today...

Cornell and Penn have been quiet also. The calm before the storm? Will tomorrow be a big day?

*Note: I'm not really expecting good news from any of these schools. I'm hoping to hear that I've been rejected, so I can stop hoping.

*Note: I'm not really expecting good news from any of these schools. I'm hoping to hear that I've been rejected, so I can stop hoping.

If I get a waitlist at either Yale or Harvard, it's going to fry my brain and I won't know what the eff to do anymore.