Masters programs: Who has already gotten word, and who hasn't?

LizJayne

I applied to 8 programs and have heard back from 3 so far. It really depends on the school I think. When I started the process I had the impression that most of my decisions wouldn't be available until March - which, for the most part, is proving to be case. Two of the programs that I've heard from had application deadlines in December. I was accepted to one program and rejected from the other two. I applied for early decision for 4 programs, but I'm not sure what constitutes as "early"  -- considering I've only received notification from one of those early decision applications. 

Usually if you read around your program's website, you can find an FAQ section that has an estimate of when decisions will be made. In my experience it's been close to the estimate, if not sooner. Past years results search can also give you a rough estimate. 

Good luck! 

Edited by TippyGradHopeful

I get the feeling that it is still early for MS applicants. I have heard from 2 schools so far, one of which responded to me after I inquired abou the status of my application. Last year, I got an acceptance from a school just before the April 15th deadline, so there is still time.

I have received an acceptance from a rolling admissions school (my backup) but I am still waiting to hear from my #1. Deadline was Feb. 1 and according to results search and forums it is apparently unusual to hear back from this program before mid-March. I have meetings scheduled about the week after I'm supposed to hear back, so I will have to snap up plane tickets if I am admitted. I just think it is quite odd to wait so long to find out where one might be, you know, relocating their entire life. Is anyone else worried about having to wait so late to secure housing? And my partner has to start looking for jobs immediately once we hear back.

Errr am I the outlier? I haven't heard back from any of them yet! However my programs are slightly odd ... the first "wave" of applications was due February 1, and decisions are supposed to go out in March to early april. The second "wave" has deadlines due all the way in August! But of course I've submitted earlier, I'm not sure when those acceptances will go out.

Eep.

I planned a trip mid-march to visit all of the places I applied so I could hit the open house days for the two programs that have accepted me. This includes stays in the cities of the two schools I am waiting to hear from. I am wondering whether I'll have even heard back from the last two schools (including my top choice) by my trip, let alone offered admission.

Based on last years results I should hear back this week or next week so I'll be compulsively check my email and the results. 

I received my acceptance for MI at UofToronto last week. Turnaround time was 3 weeks. My program has rolling admissions & it was the only school/program I applied to (I live dangerously!).

Good luck!

I applied to one MS program, and three PhD programs.  The MS program is at my undergrad institution, and have been assured that they will have decisions by the end of this week (ugh.. I don't know what I would do if they didn't accept me into my own school).  Luckily I have already been accepted into one PhD program (funding TBA mid-late march), and have two more PhD apps pending.  My top choice is one of the PhD programs that is still pending, so fingers crossed.

I applied to nine schools, and thirteen programs. I haven't heard a word back from any of them. My mailbox taunts me. The song Mr. Postman has become my theme song. I feel like I am in a holding pattern that will never end, and I am over the "what if" game. If I am to be rejected, isn't it just better to let us know sooner, rather than later?