What was in your mailbox today?

DeeLovely79

I wish we had weekend mail.

Yesterday: Grocery flyer, Xtreme Fitness flyer.

And now I'm also trying to figure out why the government put $650 in my account. It's either my tax return at 50% of what I was expecting (and need to pay rent) or maybe it's HST/GST credits I didn't get!

3/3:

Insurance bill.

Rejection from Ohio State....

FIRST ACCEPTANCE!!!! From Okalahoma State, fully funded :)

Oops, your signature says University of Oklahoma but your post says Oklahoma State. Which is it? :P

A Victoria's Secret catalog (addressed to a random previous tenant), a box of exotic spices for my chef housemate, very late W2s from my summer job in Texas..... and that's it. Booo, no mail on Sunday!

Ameonna, I came home to Girl Scout cookies yesterday. Yum.

Today, I got a Macy's advertisement filled only with shoes. Surprisingly, I didn't like the look of any of them... Not that I need shoes anyway.

Other than that, I didn't get anything fun.

I recently got a letter encouraging me to apply to some journalism program before their January 15th deadline. The letter was postmarked February 23. I said :huh: and threw it in the garbage.

Okay, I threw it in the recycling, but still. Discarded it nonetheless.

I've been checking the mail religiously for the last two weeks, but have never gotten anything related to the admissions process. :angry: Everything so far has been through email or application follow up sites. I suppose it IS greener, but I still like to get physical letters...

Wow abc123xtc, since January? I think you want this more than I do... It is funny that until February 15th, when I got an acceptance, I was totally cool. Then I got my acceptance and got excited enough to submit the 4 remaining rolling/late deadline apps the same day. It's only been since then for me that I have been on this site day and night and pushing F5 to death. And checking the mail.

Edited by DualCitizenIR

Wow abc123xtc, since January? I think you want this more than I do... It is funny that until February 15th, when I got an acceptance, I was totally cool. Then I got my acceptance and got excited enough to submit the 4 remaining rolling/late deadline apps the same day. It's only been since then for me that I have been on this site day and night and pushing F5 to death. And checking the mail.

I have a slight tendency to obsess over things. This forum hasn't really helped.

In other news -- no post on Sundays.

Edited by abc123xtc

I've been checking the mail religiously for the last two weeks, but have never gotten anything related to the admissions process. :angry: Everything so far has been through email or application follow up sites. I suppose it IS greener, but I still like to get physical letters...

I used the back of one of my physical rejection letters to write down a tart recipe. It got covered with flour and grease during the baking process, and the tarts were delicious. Very cathartic!

My first response...a rejection. It's okay though, I figured as such since it took SO long. Moving on...(oh and there may have been something else in there, but I was too busy with my rejection to notice ;) )