UCSD IR/PS

PeterP

Thanks. Just looked, nothing. I'll wait for the email. Congrats again! Any word on funding?

Not yet.  The email said that they would start considering funding decisions for admitted students this week, so hopefully that means pretty soon.  Good luck.

Not yet.  The email said that they would start considering funding decisions for admitted students this week, so hopefully that means pretty soon.  Good luck.

Thanks! Fingers crossed.

Was "nominated for acceptance" today. Official acceptance and funding from UCSD's office of graduate studies will come later this week.

congrats taiki, leon32! i hope you guys get enough money so that if UCSD is one of your top choices you can attend without worrying about the dollars.

as for me, i still havent recieved any email, so i guess its official...feels bad  :(  

Was "nominated for acceptance" today. Official acceptance and funding from UCSD's office of graduate studies will come later this week.

Me too!  Super excited to receive the message notification!

For those in MPIA already; is this a sure thing?  Have you heard of the OGS denying those who have been nominated?  Or is this just a formality?

Congrats to everyone accepted and to those still waiting I hope you hear good news soon!

Yes, if you got the nominated for acceptance you are accepted to the program. And for funding, these decisions probably won't come out for maybe 3 more weeks or so. I got my funding notification near the end of March so I'm guessing that's when people will hear this year too.

email response, sounds generic but a little more waiting involved!

"Thank you for your email. We understand that you are eager to obtain a decision on your application and we will work diligently to get decisions out as quickly as possible. You will be notified within the next 10-11 days. Thank you again for your understanding and patience.

Please feel free to let us know what other questions we can answer in the meantime."

Officially accepted just now. Still nothing about funding - I hope that doesn't mean I was passed over for it. Anybody officially accepted hear anything about funding?

Just got my nomination for admission from UCSD's IRPS on Friday! Now I'm dying for funding news while I search for scholarships and fellowships :) Congratulations to everyone who got in so far!

Officially accepted just now. Still nothing about funding - I hope that doesn't mean I was passed over for it. Anybody officially accepted hear anything about funding?

During the admitted students chat, funding information should be released sometime this week.  Stay tuned  :)  And congrats!

I got an email letting me know I had a new message in my UCSD application, and when I logged in and checked my messages there it was. It seems like UCSD is staggering the messages they send out to applicants, since someone at the top of the post got their message at the beginning of last week I believe, and I got my message at 1am last Friday (maybe it was computer automated?) Anyway, don't stress, the wait is almost over! Regardless of the decision, you did your best and that's all we can do as potential graduate students. :)

I just received my official admission email from OGS a few minutes ago. As it has been a few days now since anyone has posted here, has anyone received funding information yet? Being admitted before the 25th gives us a deadline of April 15th... possibly referring to the CGS funding agreeements, so I'm hoping merit-aid information is coming soon. Congrats to those admitted! To those still waiting, don't give up! It seems notifications are on the slow-side. :)

I am waiting also.  I know exactly how you feel, Pinkman.  I am about to transition out of the military and UCSD is keeping my TMO (moving my furniture) plans stalled.  I e-mailed UCSD on Wednesday the 13th and I was told that I should expect a notification as late as a week. 

I am waiting also.  I know exactly how you feel, Pinkman.  I am about to transition out of the military and UCSD is keeping my TMO (moving my furniture) plans stalled.  I e-mailed UCSD on Wednesday the 13th and I was told that I should expect a notification as late as a week. 

i am sort of in the same boat as you, although i was an early-deadline waitlist for UCSD and am basically waiting for final confirmation of rejection. i was going to clear travel today but i realized that without getting final word from SIPA and UCSD i would have no idea what date or where i needed my belongings sent to. i might just bite the bullet and pay for that out of pocket if i still havent heard back from the schools by next week because i will be final out-ing my post by then.

Edited by WakeMeUpB4UGoGo

@Azruel and everybody else: Did you guys receive an email specifically saying that funding decisions are available in the Messaging tab? I received an email today titled "UCSD Graduate Application" which tell me to go to the application page to see the Decision Letter. Funding is not mentioned in the letter and there is nothing new in the Messaging tab either. Thanks!

Still waiting for a decision.  For those who have been accepted, what specialization did you pick for your MPIA degree?  Also for those accepted, are any of you active duty service members or veterans?