Fall 2013 Applicants?

runaway

Congratulations on the USC decision! I spoke to a history/political science professor there yesterday (on business matters for my workplace) and if he's a representative sample of the scholarship there I'm sure the department must be very impressive.  :)

Thanks everyone for the congrats! :)

congrats! who emailed you/what did it say?

The Director of Graduate Studies for the History department sent me a message.  Guaranteed five years funding package (with exact details to come soon), and an invitation to their visit weekend March 9-11 (which will be covered by the department.)  Formal invitations and more official documents will be coming in the days to come.  My POI actually emailed me yesterday with info about some other opportunities in the months to come, but did not get the acceptance till today.

Yay, kyjin! (My parents met at USC so I'm a fan :D Plus sunny LA!)

Two Penn interviews are now up ... And is it likely that all interview calls would go out the same day?

I'm guessing that's one only the department can answer.

I can see why this website is bad for the wait, oy. (Don't worry, I'm with ya. No interview.)

Edited by lafayette

I applied to Northwestern for a History PHD. It still seems way early, but four people have put results up and one person mentioned their friend got accepted in tihs thread. How terrified should I be that I haven't heard back yet?

On the Harvard interview listing - since it apparently happened way back on the 11th, and no one else has posted anything about Harvard history, I doubt it could have been that official; maybe just a POI getting in touch with some questions? Can anyone else shed any light on this? I haven't heard a peep out of them (even my attempt to contact a professor pre-application submit went unanswered).

I applied to Northwestern for a History PHD. It still seems way early, but four people have put results up and one person mentioned their friend got accepted in tihs thread. How terrified should I be that I haven't heard back yet?

probably not very until we start to see rejections coming out - i doubt they make all their decisions at once

Thanks everyone for the congrats! :)

The Director of Graduate Studies for the History department sent me a message.  Guaranteed five years funding package (with exact details to come soon), and an invitation to their visit weekend March 9-11 (which will be covered by the department.)  Formal invitations and more official documents will be coming in the days to come.  My POI actually emailed me yesterday with info about some other opportunities in the months to come, but did not get the acceptance till today.

CONGRATS!!!

Do you know if they're doing one for every potential admit?

I don't know how Penn is doing it this year, but I was accepted last cycle without an interview (though others on here were interviewed). 

On the Harvard interview listing - since it apparently happened way back on the 11th, and no one else has posted anything about Harvard history, I doubt it could have been that official; maybe just a POI getting in touch with some questions? Can anyone else shed any light on this? I haven't heard a peep out of them (even my attempt to contact a professor pre-application submit went unanswered).

Harvard doesn't have interviews, so it's certainly nothing official. Most people didn't hear anything from the school until the acceptance email from the graduate coordinator in mid-February (my current advisor ignored my email in September too, fwiw).

Congrats to everyone with offers so far, and best of luck to everyone else. No news is not bad news. Avoid the results board, it tells you nothing about *your* application and will only drive you nuts.

Edited by Safferz

Accepted in Oklahoma University! Yay, what a relief that I got accepted into the only school I applied to. :-) 

I am curious, I was told that I was placed on a list of alternates for a GTA'ship. Is that the norm? I'm curious if it was just a nice way of saying that I have no funding. 

To be perfectly honest, I didn't expect any funding for a master's program, but the prospect of a position is nice.

Accepted in Oklahoma University! Yay, what a relief that I got accepted into the only school I applied to. :-) 

I am curious, I was told that I was placed on a list of alternates for a GTA'ship. Is that the norm? I'm curious if it was just a nice way of saying that I have no funding. 

To be perfectly honest, I didn't expect any funding for a master's program, but the prospect of a position is nice.

For a master's program, it is a compliment to be considered for any sort of funding, so that is a good sign. Keep your fingers crossed.

I think only two of my prospective schools offer funding packages to their MA applicants. And congrats on your acceptance!

Edited by stillalivetui