Fall 2013 Applicants?

runaway

Is there a consensus on what's going on with Harvard? I know there were some POI emails and someone posted in this thread that an official email went out...has that been confirmed? Harvard is the last school I'm waiting on so just curious if anyone has any information on whether they are for sure done sending out admits...

A UPenn update: apparently the committee has made their decisions and forwarded them to the dean.

I was accepted by Penn today. I got an email from the grad director with information about funding that also said a formal offer would come in a few weeks.

I am really looking forward to having this process be over! Would like the final word, or rejections: please. Obviously one from Columbia, probably from Penn as no interview, & w/e Harvard (Hist. of Am. Civ). I might shed a little tear if this isn't wrapped up by March 1.

Yeah, next Friday is March 1!! :o If I havent heard from Harvard's Am Civ by then, I can safely say I am not getting in. They always notify accepted students before then. I want to just go tomorrow and see what's up but I'm not ready to let the dream die. :(

Where did February go?! It seems like just yesterday it was January!

Congrats and condolences to all. *hugs* 

Funnily enough, even though my decision is made, I'm now on the hunt again, this time looking at Human Rights Law programs. I know there's a site for law students that's like the GradCafe. Does anyone happen to know it?

It seems that this is not a good year to be a Latin Americanist...

Or a Europeanist. Lots of tight quotas imposed. I assume US history gets the bulk of subsidies departments receive and philanthropic grants, etc.

Anyway it looks like Penn admitted in two waves last year and someone was admitted off the waitlist, too, so no one's Penn dreams should die today.

Funnily enough, even though my decision is made, I'm now on the hunt again, this time looking at Human Rights Law programs. I know there's a site for law students that's like the GradCafe. Does anyone happen to know it?

There are a few. Law School Discussion is the big one. There's also Top Law Schools and (if for some reason you're feeling like you want to supplement your law school admissions advice with lots of anonymous sexism and racism) AutoAdmit (xoxohth.com), which bills itself as "the most prestigious law school admissions forum in the world" (seriously).

Note that if you're looking at JDs, you can't get one in a given subject, you'd just be a general law student and take lots of human rights courses in your second and third years if that's your primary interest. You could probably find an LLM in human rights, but those generally have JDs as prerequisites. And MAs in human rights law wouldn't let you practice as a lawyer (unless you already had a JD/license).

If you or anyone else wants any other law school advice, feel free to PM me.

Edited by czesc

Congrats, Bactrian! Was this a personalized-seeming email or did it look like a mass email all acceptees receive?

Thanks everyone! The email has my name but otherwise seems to be pretty general.

Congrats, Bactrian. Did you have an interview ?

Yes, I was interviewed.

I e-mailed the Director at UNC-Chapel Hill. Said that I should receive an e-mail from the Graduate School shortly. Can't help but to feel a bit defeated, though if I am indeed rejected I wish she would've just told me now. Haha.